Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris attacks: Dozens dead and Bataclan hostage stand-off
Edward Wrote:That's so horrible. How can someone do that to another human beings? I doubt someone will ask me again why I hate Muslims and their religion.

The are good Muslims just as there are good and bad Christians. It is just that there is a comparatively small minority of absolute radicals who have been brainwashed in to believeing the radical interpretations of the Islamic clerics and the absolute and strict interpretation of sharia law. The problems is that not all Muslims agree about the interpretation of the Quaran that is ambiguous in many many ways and laying itself open to a multitude of interpretations.

I wish the law abiding Muslim citizens of Paris the best and hope that those who committed this atrocious crime are caught and punished accordingly.

(This post has been self censored for the atrociously bad language I wanted to use!)
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What's really sad is that I don't even wonder who did it. I already know. Some so-called-muslim fanatic cell...

I can't help but wonder how many law-abiding real muslims got killed alongside their french countrymen.
Try to remember that this has as little to do with muslims as Breivik's actions had with right-wing politics or christianity.

Cuddly Wrote:Try to remember that this has as little to do with muslims ..........

Sorry, I can't agree with you there Cuddly. It has everything to do with the radical Muslims that want to impose sharia law on other countries. It's strange that these radicals are not happy in the countries where sharia law is imposed and they come to liberal countries like France, the UK, countries of Scandinavia etc. where laws are more just and democratic and then they to impose their own will. It doesn't really make sense.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:The are good Muslims just as there are good and bad Christians.

this isn't a just analogy. christians, for all their negatives and all their fundamentalism aren't blowing up city districts and shooting innocent civilians, or suicide killing themselves as weapons of destruction, because other people don't agree with their interpretation of the bible. they aren't throwing gay people off the buildings because they think it's a sin/offense to their god. what are they doing -- they are picketing outside on the streets, talking about their personal views on how things should be according to them, and trying to achieve their aims through the governmental institutions (i.e. legal means). even christians on the worse end are civilized. which is not what you can say about the muslims.

LONDONER Wrote:Sorry, I can't agree with you there Cuddly. It has everything to do with the radical Muslims that want to impose sharia law on other countries. It's strange that these radicals are not happy in the countries where sharia law is imposed and they come to liberal countries like France, the UK, countries of Scandinavia etc. where laws are more just and democratic and then they to impose their own will. It doesn't really make sense.

their aim is to instill panic in the population. it's their long-term strategy. to create an atmosphere where no-one can feel safe, where no-one is safe from attack, anybody could be targeted at any time. that's their tactics. it is at least partly intended to put political pressure on the governments, as it is about achieving martyrdom which they believe bestows them with benefits (don't ask me to explain, i know this is their mentality, but i have no way of explaining it). it isn't just the Western states that are targeted, their own, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Turkey, and others have also been targets. and Israel has seen way more than Europe ever has.

Bruce Hoffman wrote a book on the whole thing explaining what is going on and the inner workings of this warfare:

[Image: 9780231126991.jpg]

i haven't yet read the book myself, but it was quoted and referenced in one medical book i read, Essentials of Terror Medicine.

it says, among other things:

Quote:/.../ modern terrorism is aimed primarily at heightening the public's fear of terrorism to a level of irrational and uncontrolled anxiety.

also,

Quote:Rational fear is a natural response to the perceived risk of getting physically injured in a terrorist attack, no matter how remote probability. To a certain degree, such ''rational fear'' is actually positive in that it encourages public vigilance and awareness of one's immediate surroundings, thus allowing citizens themselves to help in thwarting attacks. A vigilant civilian is an important arm of the security apparatus.

and this, what we're seeing here is conventional terrorism. there's also unconventional (quote from the same book):

Quote:islamic radical spokesmen have already expressed their interest in using unconventional terrorism, and several plots have been thwarted in Europe and the Middle East, such as islamic radical activists planning to launch attacks using ricin toxin and other poisons.

unconventional weapons are chemical, biological, nuclear, radiological.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

A similar attack has been done just one month ago in Turkey, Ankara, many died as well. I think the reason of these attack is to divide people. It divided people in Turkey as reformists and conservatives. And reformists were the target of attack, very few conservatives felt sad for the victims...
And for France, i guess the divide is between muslims and non-muslims. These attacks makes westerners think muslims are "bad".

I feel so sorry for victims, and share their pain.

LONDONER Wrote:Sorry, I can't agree with you there Cuddly. It has everything to do with the radical Muslims that want to impose sharia law on other countries. It's strange that these radicals are not happy in the countries where sharia law is imposed and they come to liberal countries like France, the UK, countries of Scandinavia etc. where laws are more just and democratic and then they to impose their own will. It doesn't really make sense.

Extremists are the same, no matter what banner they wave.
The radical few don't speak for the masses.

What I'm saying is, just because I don't believe in god, doesn't mean I run around burning churches. Similarly, just because somebody reads the Qu'ran and identifies as a muslim, doesn't mean that person is plotting to blow themselves up in a crowded area.

But no, this isn't about imposing sharia law on any given country, especially not France. The only reasonable outcome of terrorist attacks is distancing, the polar opposite of what is necessary to get a political footing for sharia law. I realise that assuming some level of sanity in people committing these crimes against humanity is far fetched, but even they must realise that if you want to get on the good side of things, you cannot do so by bombs or gunfire.

What they want is more bloodshed and more hate. How better to obtain it than to fuel the fire? Feed the hate that already stirs, especially with the recent influx of refuges and immigrants. The jews, muslims and christians that fled through europe recently fled from the same people that bombed France yesterday.

Hate needs no reasoning, no goal, no plan.

It just happens that certain Islamists have the brand cornered at the moment. They are not alone.

FDR was right. We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
I bid NO Trump!

koseku Wrote:A similar attack has been done just one month ago in Turkey, Ankara, many died as well. I think the reason of these attack is to divide people. It divided people in Turkey as reformists and conservatives. And reformists were the target of attack, very few conservatives felt sad for the victims...
And for France, i guess the divide is between muslims and non-muslims. These attacks makes westerners think muslims are "bad".

I feel so sorry for victims, and share their pain.

Couldn't agree more. It's crazy just after few days of Russian flight crash in Sinai,and before that the incident in Turkey, and now this bloodshed in France. The world doesn't feel safe anymore,and these terrorists actually manage to successfully terrorize that peace.

My condolence to the victims.

France has been way to liberal in its immigration policies for years. It's not so easy to just deport them because now many of them are French born citizens. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and won't allow any more immigration from the Middle East, but probably not. Seems like they keep letting more come in when they can't even handle the ones that are already there. I'm afraid the same is happening across most of Western Europe.

I still don't understand how these people are brain washed into thinking it's OK to murder innocent people.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]