Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pit bulls are good dogs
all dogs are cute and can be great with humans and other dogs.
it IS the person that trains the dog which determine what the dog will be .. you can watch Ceaser Millan (The Dog Whisperer) to get an idea about that Smile

Nightcrawler Wrote:you can watch Ceaser Millan (The Dog Whisperer) to get an idea about that Smile

that guy is almost definitely an alien

Ceasers amazing , I got his puppy vid for the last mastiff ,, worked great ,,hes 10 stone now and so great with kids and adults, although he will wet you with drool lol

dryw Wrote:You think ? I think he's great I love it when he does the impression of an excited dog and does the wiggle with his younger hanging out, will see if I can find a YouTube clip

i know . he is amazing
that's why i think he's an alien . cuz of his uber skills xD

dryw Wrote:First read that as ceaser as 10 stone lol

lololol me too :biggrin:

I have worked with dogs with a dog trainer in the past, while essentially 90% of a dogs problem come down to owner and training there is still that 10% that is DOG.

There are certain breeds that are known for bad temperament and it is justified, it doesn't take much for the bad temperment in that particular dog to come, then on the other hand there are dogs that you could abuse all day long and they would remain docile and loyal.

Pitbull Terriers are known as 'brain snap' dogs, they can make lovely family pets, but don't be entirely trusting of them.

As a foot note, never trust your family dog with your young children either especially if the dog has been family longer than your child has, Dogs have feelings and jealousy is one of them.

Bad humans create bad pets.

Vicious humans create vicious pets.

Uncaring humans create dead pets.

The whole idea of breeding dogs just to fight, maul, and kill one another truly sickens me.

dryw Wrote:I have a happy friendly four legged beast who's fine off the lead but on the lead or sees another dog who is and he turns into a crazy beast where u have little control. What am I doing wrong ?.

That's known as "dog aggression." This article offers a good introduction to the topic.

yfed Wrote:There are certain breeds that are known for bad temperament and it is justified, it doesn't take much for the bad temperment in that particular dog to come, then on the other hand there are dogs that you could abuse all day long and they would remain docile and loyal.

This! It's true that it's humans who "ruin" dogs, but that doesn't change the fact that some breeds are more likely to be aggressive. Of course, with the right training, no dog will be aggressive, but with bad or lack of training some breeds are more likely to.

yfed Wrote:Pitbull Terriers are known as 'brain snap' dogs, they can make lovely family pets, but don't be entirely trusting of them.

If they are aggressive, though, they are almost always aggressive towards other animals, because that's what they were bred for.
It really takes a lot to get a pitbull to bite a human..

yfed Wrote:As a foot note, never trust your family dog with your young children either especially if the dog has been family longer than your child has, Dogs have feelings and jealousy is one of them.

Also very true. And even though I know it's true, I'm still guilty of letting my 4 year old cousin alone in a room with my German shepherd every now and then for, say, 15 minutes. I trust him 100%, but he's still a dog.. and more importantly a big shepherd. It just goes to show how easy it is to forget they're animals even if you're very aware of the risks.