Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Places/Activities to do on a date..?
Heey,

Just wondering what places and activities you guys have done on a date that really made an impact in how you see the person your dating?

I remember once, this guy took me out to this frozen lake in the middle of winter. It was so beautiful, and we slid on the ice and walked as far as we can into the frozen lake. It was really something so simple and it really made me smile. We went back to his place and he cooked me pasta, and talked for hours. It was nothing glamorous, and yet it left a really good impression on me.

I guess I'm just so easily impressed, lol Rolleyes

I guess my favorite date and the one that taught me most about my bf was when he set up candles and had a slow dancing date for us.

We had watched a movie the previous weekend and the couple were slow dancing in the kitchen and I thought it was romantic and well, kind of hot.

I cannot dance but I like the idea of slow dancing and we both love Nat King Cole, Norah Jones and Jack Johnson music so he had made a playlist, and bought a bunch of candles. I'm so awful, my first reaction was laughter, but it was an incredibly sweet night in the kitchen! Cool

And, so it taught me that he actually listens to my ramblings Roflmao and likes to surprise me.

We've gone to really nice places for special occasions but I guess I liked this simple date the best! lol.

I think the best first date I've ever been on was a concert. We walked up to a restaurant that we had talked about going to and I noticed a poster for a concert of one of my favorite local musicians Doug Burr. It was at this church, I think methodist. Anyway, there were at least a hundred people there in the pews, the lights were dim, Doug and a crew of two were up at the front with a guitar, keyboard and violin. It was one of the most beautiful and intimate experiences of my life, being able share my deep and personal love of music with another. Sometimes plans change for the better. Spontaneity isn't always a bad thing.

In the past when I was dating on a regular basis we would do stuff that straight couples would do and it wouldn't be anything too fancy or anything. It would be perhaps going to play mini golf or checking out a movie and then grabbing something to eat afterwards. Perhaps going downtown and walking around and just getting to know each other. I mean if you go to a movie you really can't talk unless its before or after the movie.

I have been so into a guy that when I have gone to a movie we started to hold hands because you can just feel that connection sometimes. I don't think there are any bad places to take a date unless its a sex club or adult bookstore or gay movie theater, lol

^Haha, yeah definately. I do miss it though, going out with a guy. It's been forever Rolleyes

A good restaurant may be unoriginal but it is still a great date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Fish and chips and a walk in the park or along the beach, or a restaurant and a movie are the way I usually like a date to go.

My first date was walking hand in hand along the beach at night. Then a meal at a restaurant. I remember it like it was yesterday. Confusedmile:

brybry87 Wrote:Heey,

Just wondering what places and activities you guys have done on a date that really made an impact in how you see the person your dating?

I remember once, this guy took me out to this frozen lake in the middle of winter. It was so beautiful, and we slid on the ice and walked as far as we can into the frozen lake. It was really something so simple and it really made me smile. We went back to his place and he cooked me pasta, and talked for hours. It was nothing glamorous, and yet it left a really good impression on me.

I guess I'm just so easily impressed, lol Rolleyes

This would work for me as well. Natural beauty, cooking, and hours of fun or comfortable talking sounds as good as it can get to me. Given that I've never walked on a frozen lake I'd find it especially memorable, never to forget it.

I've just realised we need a LIKE button as much as we need a THANKS button... Do you think Andy could supply one?