Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political correctness
Ohhhhh kayyy Gurlz and Hoes, let me get in on this Bitch! Real Talk.

Now, I am extremely sensitive Mr.Cardigan, probably a class 4 Empath by scientific measures, but that does not mean I am St.Theresa or the Pope, nor do I want to be.

I have an insane respect for Spirituality and Nature and People in general, but what people don't often understand is words are just words. The intent and actions give them power, and only you can allow such power to afflict you.

As a Sensitive person, this is something you learn from day one, and develop walls and shields for your sensitivity, as opposed to people who don't give two gay left fucks, such as my Kiid they are not burdened with walls or shields...not always anyway.

So Sensitivity is not a valid excuse unless you allow for it to control you. You must learn how to regulate it, as I personally get afflicted by peoples emotions all the time, but have learned to regulate the levels at which they affect me and act accordingly.

Someone get's rude, I do not necessarily always get rude back, but instead flip the switch and kill'em with kindness.

So just because someone calls you a name you find has a negative meaning to it, does not automatically make it a negative word, nor does it make the speaker a rude person, but like myself, is just having fun or speaks that way normally. Get over it Sis.

And why are such trivial words such as Sis,Gurl and Baby seen as offensive? What the fuck? Seriously, my clit and you need an introduction.

Like, everyone here calls each other by these names(normally girls and guys who call girls these things), so does that make my whole flappin country and culture rude and offensive? I think not hoe, cause I'll have you know Bermudians are the most kind and happy people you would probably ever meet in your gay ass life!

My coworker whom I am cool with, calls me Queer, as a nickname! Not to be rude or offensive.

A lot of people here find me vulgar, but the thing is, I am very kind, I do not go out of my way to offend a person and I respect people, if you were to tell me a certain word seriously causes you distress, I wouldn't use it toward you, obvi!

And a person who uses a lexicon in which "offensive" words reside is not necessarily ignorant or uneducated, cause I'll have you know, I am neither of those things to the 10th degree. It's just being carefree, try it sometime. It'll bless your life.

And I don't like Politics, sorry. Bill Clinton can bite my clit, Hilary can eat me out and Barrack can kiss my Bussy.

^ that's being rude. Not calling a friend or supposed to be friend, Sis or Gurl.

So many people find my whole embodiment to be offensive and I don't understand it? Is it an American thing? A white person thing(even though sweeties like Kiid prove otherwise)...what is it?

I'm Feminine, Carribean, Like Reggae, Have Dreadlocks, am partially Black and have a very open speech. And yet all these things are looked down upon?

Well I won't apologize for who I am.

Like Paul said, we are here to be a Community and the key words being Unity, atleast to me anyway. Stop discriminating, because however vulgar I may be, I never discriminate against people and that Queers and Dears, is the most offensive thing going on here.

So let's all have a convo with our brains and get it together Sis, cause soon, there'll be no one left here at this rate. I've already lost several of my gurls in this petty war and I don't want to lose anymore, especially the new ones I've met.

One Love hoes <3

Kiss3

Krupt Wrote:Yes, political correctness as an idea CAN exist just like religion as an idea CAN exist, but the mere fact that it exists means that it can and is abused to serve purposes that it was not originally intended Wink

Therefore, there are measures which can be taken in cases when it is abused.

Krupt Wrote:Political Correctness is a form of censorship.

Political correctness is repression, oppression and discrimination of free speech and free thought.

Political correctness is very dangerous as is causes people to avoid honesty in fear of offending so it creates a culture of half truths, dishonesty, disloyalty, overly sensitive and ignorant twats.

That is one manifestation of it, and I agree that it must be guarded against.

However, what must also be guarded against is those who would use the label "politically correct" as an ad hominem to avoid actual debate and valid criticism by saying, "I don't have to think about what you said, you're just being politically correct" and thus empower their own half truths, dishonesty, oppression, repression, and discrimination.

QueenOdi Wrote:So many people find my whole embodiment to be offensive and I don't understand it? Is it an American thing? A white person thing(even though sweeties like Kiid prove otherwise)...what is it?

I'm Feminine, Carribean, Like Reggae, Have Dreadlocks, am partially Black and have a very open speech. And yet all these things are looked down upon?

Well I won't apologize for who I am.

Like Paul said, we are here to be a Community and the key words being Unity, atleast to me anyway. Stop discriminating, because however vulgar I may be, I never discriminate against people and that Queers and Dears, is the most offensive thing going on here.

So let's all have a convo with our brains and get it together Sis, cause soon, there'll be no one left here at this rate. I've already lost several of my gurls in this petty war and I don't want to lose anymore, especially the new ones I've met.

One Love hoes <3

Kiss3

I love meting people who are themselves!
I hate clones u.u

Kiid Wrote:I love meting people who are themselves!
I hate clones u.u

So you do love me! I knew it Loveya lol.

Yes, clones, as we have learned from Star Wars, are never as good as the real/original things.

If someone goes around calling members less privileged groups in society by all kinds of negative terms, the victim may wish to ask them not to. I have my own views about who is the 'oppressed' one in this situation', perhaps a different view to that of the anti PC advocates. But, that is just my opinion.

Lilmy87 Wrote:If someone goes around calling members less privileged groups in society by all kinds of negative terms, the victim may wish to ask them not to. I have my own views about who is the 'oppressed' one in this situation', perhaps a different view to that of the anti PC advocates. But, that is just my opinion.

thats more of a personal request, not something that should be forced onto the whole of society as "pc" is.

I agree. People shouldn't be forced not to be rude and disrespectful, they just shouldn't be. People who delight in insulting and upsetting people with their words are so tedious, thinking their language makes them edgy, cool, more honest or something.

Towing the party line can really stifle debate and discussion, progress in fact. So PC in that sense is not good, and I can see how saying the things we shy away from could be brave and important in this sense, confronting uncomfortable realities. But why people think using offensive language to oppressed groups, or any really, is some how virtuous, I just don't understand.