Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pompeii (New movie that came out)
So this movie is about some guy named Milo who has his whole tribe of horsemen wiped out and he is the only survivor. He is captured as a kid and then basically the rest of the movie is fighting and Milo trying to get with this girl until Mount Vesuvius erupts out of nowhere, then it's like "evacuate immediately". Basically it's a romance with the eruption of Mount Vesuvius slapped on it at the end.

Has anyone else seen this movie? What do you think of it?

No but all the reviews ive read have been scathing, i’ll watch this but only when its on the bargain shelf in about 6 months

It sounds absolutely dire
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:It sounds absolutely dire

It was xD. Most of the movie you just feel like "can't wait for the eruption".

Lol! I suppose the 'eruption' is some kind of metaphor or maybe sexual innuendo even? hehe. I wonder what kind of 'eruption' they're talking about.... lol!

Seriously though it doesn't sound like a great film. Some period dramas can be good but others can be very trite. I wasn't a fan of 300 myself and this film doesn't sound too great either....

Maybe if Milo got together with a guy it'll be more appealing to me. But no, this just sounds like Notting Hill set in ancient times!

NiteFang Wrote:It was xD. Most of the movie you just feel like "can't wait for the eruption".

In other words it's a film of special effects and absolutely no substance, like so may today.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:In other words it's a film of special effects and absolutely no substance, like so may today.

Even the eruption isn't that exciting.