Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post sex anal care
no matter how careful or how much lube is used during sex from time to time I still get some soreness after anal sex. I just wanting to know what the best after care is for my bum?

I've tried Vaseline which helped a bit, but I've heard others used talc or body lotion, any suggestions?

Also I read that bonjela applied to the anus before sex, takes the initial pain away, Has anyone tried this?

Cheers in advance.

There's a few ways to deal with the issue:

#1, ask a doctor/proctologist
#2, suck it up
#3, try random things and see which works best - you'll likely also discover that somethings make it far far worse
#4, stop hooking up with horsedicks.

Also, it might just be your sphincter being expanded due to the recent activity, it takes some time for it to close back up. You might be experiencing that as soreness.

Anal fissures are very frequent and can be extremely painful but there's a wonderful treatment called Bag Balm. I tried it once and it was very effective.

Vaseline, hemorrhoid ointment, or bag balm are your best bets.

I don't suggest lotion as it has a lot of additives, fragrance, etc which could agitate the issue. Talc in your ass sounds like a BAD idea to me as well. I mean seriously, does blowing dust up your ass sound like a good idea? Just say no.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Vaseline, hemorrhoid ointment, or bag balm are your best bets.

I don't suggest lotion as it has a lot of additives, fragrance, etc which could agitate the issue. Talc in your ass sounds like a BAD idea to me as well. I mean seriously, does blowing dust up your ass sound like a good idea? Just say no.

*Just dies laughing* God, I love you

*Composes himself and clears his throat*

I wouldn't suggest a numbing agent beforehand. Your body is designed to alert you to problems, that's why you feel pain, hm? So numbing your ass ahead of time is going to make you desensitized and might have you ignoring a problem if there is -true- pain, yeah?

What I would suggest is maybe a bit of stretching prior, fingers work wonders in that aspect. Though keep in mind you -did- have a reasonably large phallic object in there so you're going to feel -something- afterward. If it's mild, maybe just consider it a reminder of all the fun you'd had....

You can also try a soak in a tub, the things listed above and possibly A&D ointment or something of that nature. Keep away from lotions though, as Twist said or you're going to end up with a hot seat instead of a comfortable one.

Cuddly Wrote:There's a few ways to deal with the issue:

#1, ask a doctor/proctologist
#2, suck it up
#3, try random things and see which works best - you'll likely also discover that somethings make it far far worse
#4, stop hooking up with horsedicks.

Also, it might just be your sphincter being expanded due to the recent activity, it takes some time for it to close back up. You might be experiencing that as soreness.

#4 made me laugh so hard I had to explain myself to Mark. Sweet.

MisterLove Wrote:Anal fissures are very frequent and can be extremely painful but there's a wonderful treatment called Bag Balm. I tried it once and it was very effective.

My mom used Bag balm on her arms when I was a kid. I seem to remember that it was most effective (and where it got its name) was to apply the ointment and then wrap the affected area with some sort of poultice, or wrap. Mom used plastic wrap, but only kept it on for short periods of time. I'm not sure stuffing your ass with plastic wrap would be so effective. A silk designer scarf maybe?

All kidding aside, Bag Balm usually does work.

Gideon Wrote:*Just dies laughing* God, I love you

Ditto. Funny thing I've read in quite a while. Kudos. You're kind of perfect.

My solution after a night of getting pounded into the floor? Go to the infant care isle in your local store and find a something for diaper rash. It sounds wrong, but it works. A+D cream works well. One of my favorites, although often a little more expensive, is made by Burt's Bee's and its called Baby Bee diaper ointment. It has sweet almond oil and Zinc Oxide, both of which really soothe the pain in the drain.

Look for, and do not get, creams with phthalates. Don't get anything with SLS either. SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) is a chemical derived of coconuts but is anything but natural. It has certain carcinogenic properties associated with it. The tender tissues of your anus will absorb such a chemical readily, and there are enough things that can potentially cause cancer and adding another to the mix seems nonproductive. SLS, BTW is in everything from nearly all shampoos, scalp treatments, hair color and bleaching agents, toothpastes, body washes and cleansers, make-up foundations, liquid hand soaps, laundry detergents, and bath oils/bath salts.

Which is why I like Natural product's like Burt's Bees. If you like sitting on telephone poles, this is the one for you. Wink

How do you guys have these problems.

I can't seem to get so lucky.
I bid NO Trump!

Assuming you don't have hemorrhoids, fissures or other problems, its most likely your sphincter muscles complaining about doing things they are not designed to do. But the human body is a remarkable machine that can adapt and get used to a great deal.

Thus I would prescribe: More sex...

Typically what happens is if one has regular anal sex their body adjusts and post-arse banging sessions stop being painful/sore.

You were not clear about where the soreness is. If its deeper and behind the taint (that magical place between nutsack and arsehole) it may be your prostate. Prostate infections are typical in males - and low grade infections lead to sensitivity which leads to soreness when the prostate is 'massaged' (or pounded without mercy - depending on how you have sex).

There are other potentials that could be present. So a talk with your doctor may be a good idea.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Vaseline, hemorrhoid ointment, or bag balm are your best bets.

Twist, all the others are good, but vaseline is actually made for external use... Vaseline is a petroleum derived product and some people and internal wounds may seriously badly react to the substance. Also vaseline coat your skin, impeding its normal functions and not allowing it to “breathe.” So just imagine you put that in your colon walls. NOT RECOMMANDED. Go ahead, use Vaseline to jerk off, but it's not ointment and it's not a lube as you certainly know it breaks condom made of latex. In fact most oil-based lubes are somewhat unsafe.

Anything you put in your colon should be easily washable with water... Vaseline is not easily washed away with water.