Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers
Ok ... so here's a subtler question ...

... you'd wish somebody got better, but you wouldn't pray for it ... yep ?

I'm not making any points - I'm just suggesting that the same objective is served - it's just people go about it in different ways, prayers obviously centering around people asking for a higher power of some sort to exert its influence over the situation to make it come about ...

... technically I wonder whether the attempted casting of magic spells could be considered a form of praying ... you're (I guess) invoking external powers to do your bidding - perhaps it's just like HARDCORE praying ...

... it's a very interesting topic to discuss ...

... and can I just add that this is THE first site where people that engage in debates have managed to remain polite and friendly and civil the whole time ? I'm REALLY impressed by that - I can debate anything, but I cannot be @rsed wasting my time arguing with people, so I'm really happy that everybody seems to respect each other's views on these topics Confusedmile:.

Cheers all !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Well, yeh, actually lol... the word Pray just brings about an assocation to religion...

to wish / hope for something to happen, yes I do.

Sweet :biggrin: !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

*prays that I don't piss off anyone* I can't believe that you guys don't pray.Do you think there is a heaven & if so,are you going there?Many a person believe that no matter how devoted you are to Christianity,if you're gay,you are not going to heaven.I don't.

Well you needn't worry about p!ssing me off babe - I think you're sound xx

As I say, I pray deffo, but not as often as I believe I should. I do believe in God, yep, and I believe that nobody is damned from birth to go either up OR down - your actions in life affect how you are judged as you enter the afterlife ...

... so I don't believe anybody will be sent to hell because they're gay or straight or red-headed or seven feet tall or what have you ... these are merely the cards you are dealt to play through life ... in fact, I'm going to start a new thread in the coming out board that uses that logic to address the issue of coming out ... thanks for reminding me Dan1089 xx

... however as I've probably mentioned before, whilst I was raised C of E, my "faith" is my own - it borrows from what makes the most sense to me, as I cannot confess to having an abundance of faith in the bible, since I regard it somewhat more as a notebook of tales about and surrounding God and Jesus, which has been made subject to untold amendments and re-tellings over the centuries ...

I do believe in many of the concepts behind it though, yes.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Dan1089 Wrote:*prays that I don't piss off anyone* I can't believe that you guys don't pray.Do you think there is a heaven & if so,are you going there?Many a person believe that no matter how devoted you are to Christianity,if you're gay,you are not going to heaven.I don't.

Don't worry, not pissed me off either.

I don't pray, I don't believe in heaven or hell. I'm not a Christian, or anything else for that matter - wasn't even Christened/Baptised as a baby. My mum believed I should have the choice when I'm older - and I decided not to... well, it's not like I'm gonna married in a church or anything is it!!

That IS a good point babe Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!