Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed California Bill
I am not sure how many non Californians have heard of this yet....but we have a bill that has been submitted to the California Attorney General that calls for the execution of gay people...and so far...the State of California has no legal power to stop it...assuming he gets enough signatures....

http://www.inquisitr.com/1945212/califor...+-+News%29

I thought this might be an article from The Onion at first...but sadly...it is not...

February 24, 2015
Initiative Coordinator Office of the Attorney General 1300 I Street, 17th Floor Sacramento, CA 95814
Enclosures:
(1) the complete text of the proposed initiative measure ("Sodomite Suppression Act"); (2) check for $200 payable to the State of California; (3) Initiative certification.
Please now prepare the circulating title and summary of the chief purpose and points of the proposed measure and advise me of the same at my address given below.
15-0008
~CEIVfa FEB 2 6 2015
INITIATIVE COORDINATOR ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OF 1: ICE
15-0008

SODOMITE SUPPRESSION ACT
Penal Code section 39
a) The abominable crime against nature known as buggery, called also sodomy, is a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrha.
b) Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly of tolerating-wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.
c) No person shall distribute, perform, or transmit sodomistic propaganda directly or indirectly by any means to any person under the age of majority. Sodomistic propaganda is defined as anything aimed at creating an interest in or an acceptance of human sexual relations other than between a man and a woman. Every offender shall be fined $1 million per occurrence, and/or imprisoned up to 10 years, and/or expelled from the boundaries of the state of California for up to life.
d) No person shall serve in any public office, nor serve in public employment, nor enjoy any public benefit, who is a sodomite or who espouses sodomistic propaganda or who belongs to any group that does.
e) This law is effective immediately and shall not be rendered ineffective nor invalidated by any court, state or federal, until heard by a quorum of the Supreme Court of California consisting only of judges who are neither sodomites nor subject to disqualification hereunder.
f) The state has an affirmative duty to defend and enforce this law as written, and every member of the public has standing to seek its enforcement and obtain reimbursement for all costs and attorney's fees in so doing, and further, should the state persist in inaction over 1 year after due notice, the general public is empowered and deputized to execute all the provisions hereunder extra-judicially, immune from any charge and indemnified by the state against any and all liability.
g) This law shall be known as 11The Sodomite Suppression Act" and be numbered as section 39 in Title 3 of the Penal Code, pertaining to offences against the sovereignty of the state. The text shall be prominently posted in every public school classroom. All laws in conflict with this law are to that extent invalid.

He needs 300,000 valid signatures to get on the ballot. Most people think this will not happen....I think it certainly can happen. 300,000 out of 17.7 million is NOT that many SIGNATURES....

Legislators are trying to figure out what they can do about it but legally...as it stands...their hands are tied....

Orange County is a Republican Stronghold in California...this is where he is from. He is also a Christian and proposes this in the name of God.

...and a personal note...THIS is one of the reasons WHY I have a gun...to protect myself from these idiots....and they are out there...ALOT of them!

Backlash against our recent gains will continue it's momentum as Republicans and Christians launch these measures...all over this country. They have protested when they are referred to as the American Taliban....just like the racist people protest when they are referred to as racist. This is the most extreme of course...but in state after state...we are seeing Republican lawmakers introduce discrimination ...with success...

East: That's the most appalling piece of new I have heard regarding the gay community. I am sure that many people will fight it. Maybe they could fight it in the name of human rights. He calls himself a Christian and yet wishes to ignore one of the Commandments: "Thou shalt not kill".
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:East: That's the most appalling piece of new I have heard regarding the gay community. I am sure that many people will fight it. Maybe they could fight it in the name of human rights. He calls himself a Christian and yet wishes to ignore one of the Commandments: "Thou shalt not kill".

...and this isn't his first proposal....

Back in 1998...he pushed an initiative that would make the King James Bible required school literature book because of its “rich use of the English language.”

I'm a devout Christian and I think any piece of legislation that quotes the Bible should be thrown in the bin without discussion. This isn't England in 1549.

^^^There is a reason why we have separation of church and state. This is the perfect example.

This piece of nonsense couldn't withstand the merest puff of wind.

You can't legislate against something that the Supreme Courts have found to be legal.

States can't make laws selecting groups of people for extermination.

The legislators hands aren't tied.

All they would have to do is present the argument that states can't roll back federal law and tell this asshat that 3,000,000 signatures won't get it on the ballot.

But what I really think is going on is that this fuckstick is only using it to raise money for himself.

East Wrote:we have a bill that has been submitted to the California Attorney General that calls for the execution of gay people...and so far...the State of California has no legal power to stop it...assuming he gets enough signatures....

He needs 300,000 valid signatures to get on the ballot. Most people think this will not happen....I think it certainly can happen. 300,000 out of 17.7 million is NOT that many SIGNATURES....

How many signatures would it take to put his head on the chopping block?!?!

IF only 3,000 people gave a dollar each, we could send him on a tour of Afghanistan and Syria to get a sense of what it's like to live in a place where religious extremism is allowed to influence the "law" of the land. We could also forget to buy a return ticket.

Horrible stuff... just... sad... So much hate in it.

I love the "and if you don't shoot the gays in the head, we totally get to" provision. I have a feeling he'll probably just go ahead with that part when this doesn't become law.

Lex