Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed California Bill
It reminds me of racism. Not in the way you might think though...

Recently we saw one after another official and policeman from Ferguson claim they weren't racist...making public statements in print and on camera...and then...we see the emails they sent each other proving they WERE racist..so why do they get to keep lying on camera and in an official capacity??? When you state the OBVIOUS...that they ARE racist...they immediately deny it....

Why are they allowed to continue the deception?...and why do we let them as a nation?

...and this guy who proposed this legislation and others like it...they are the American Taliban...or ISIS...and they deny it as well. They are insulted when you say it...and think quoting scripture somehow excuses them as have so many other oppressive people in the history of the world. They are absolutely no different than the Taliban...or ISIS..and if we want to know why so many people in the Middle East don't say anything...just think about how many people here let these people get away with it...and how many of them agree with it but don't have the guts to say it out loud...

THAT is the real problem...

It is time to address this.

I think we should start with obvious racism and letting people who are obviously racist begin to answer for it. I am tired of hearing their lies....

They've found a somewhat different place to stand (or sit) than they did before. Previously, it seemed to be more of a matter of straight-up right and wrong. "Sodomy is wrong, so we're going to do what we can to eliminate it." Now, the mindset is the same but the approach is different. They have the right to practice their religion, you see, and therefore you cannot infringe on that right. Even if their "religious practice" is shooting homosexuals in the head. It's as if whatever their religious practice entails shouldn't matter - "I have the right to practice my religion, and I have an absolute and inalienable right to practice it that cannot be infringed upon." It could be anything - killing gays, selling children into slavery, the decimation of entire areas. "Hey, that's my religion, and I have the freedom to practice it."

Lex

seriously, what is going on in the States that obvious nutjobs such as these get exposure and to propose ''bills'' for actual law? i don't mean to dish it out on the US so much, but it seems to be moving backwards on some things. or maybe it's just some weird coincidence that i've come across other headlines like this lately; but this is a bit extreme already. and by ''a bit'' i mean, ''a lot''. it's an obvious extreme to every sane person in the developed world.

sorry, but it kind of makes a joke out of your legal system if bullshit such as this gets taken seriously.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

In California signatures for a ballot proposal must be collected in person and be actual signatures. You cannot collect them electronically. This is going to create an obstacle. A person gathering signatures will have to have their face out there in public. Gathering 366,000 signatures is going to be difficult without the petition gatherings being able to remain anonymous.

During Prop 8 there was a court battle to obtain the names of the those who signed the petitions to get the proposal on the ballot in order to see where the money had come from. The groups who gathered the signatures fought to keep them secret, but lost. The names of signers of a petition can be made public record and I wonder how many people would risk that. I do not think this has any chance of getting to the ballot.

A bit of a reminder of Nazi Germany?

Isn't a person with such hatred (or fear) exposing themselves to being assassinated by one of "those crazy Sodomites"?
Sometimes I wonder if people really measure the extent of their extremist beliefs.

princealbertofb Wrote:Sometimes I wonder if people really measure the extent of their extremist beliefs.

extremism doesn't work in a world with so many people (actually, it didn't even work when the world was a lot smaller). it surprises me how some people don't get this. so while extremist beliefs certainly look shocking, they usually don't have a lot of substance. it's like the dog that has the bark but not the bite.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

With gay marriage banned being dubbed as unconstitutional, I don't see how the "shoot all of da gayz" bill will get anywhere.

On second thought, we should create a bill to rename the USA as Gomorrah. Then all the religious nutjobs would have to move to Russia lest they get caught up in the apocalypse.