Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about facial hair
Ok so since I was about 18 or 19 years old I've sported a goatee. I think I look better with it than without it and my boyfriend likes it too, except when it comes to matters of kissing and...other things! *nervous cough* He says that it scratches him very badly. So recently I shaved it off, but I'd like to grow it back. So I was wondering if there is anything I can do to "soften" my goatee so it doesn't hurt him so bad.

Wet it copiously? It is a short goatee? Does it scratch him, or does he find he's a bit allergic to it?

Generally when your beard hair gets longer, it also gets softer, it's the stubble effect that is the prickliest, like being unshaven for just one day or two or three days, grow a longer / fuller goatee??

I would prefer someone who has rough beard than someone who looks like a bearded collie :biggrin:

Grow it out to be a number 2 or 3 on your clippers and you wont have a problem of it being scratchy.

It is a bit stubbly. I've tried growing it out longer but it doesn't seem to get any longer. And yes it scratches him. I read something on a website that said to try conditioner on it.

archubbycub Wrote:... He says that it scratches him very badly ...
tell him to rub his face against yours till he bleeds. Serious there are some preventive measures here that could be more fun

If you grow the hair to about an inch or longer, it shouldnt be rough. If you have coarse hair, then it might feel rough to someone else. You can use conditioners on it. I find that Pantene has the best conditioners for coarse, hard, or brittle hair.

Weird. I've rocked a goatee for a while now and I've never had that complaint from men or from women. In fact, people seem to like mine. Maybe it's the coarseness of your hair? I think it's probably for the best just to clip it if it's causing problems like that. It's the same reason I don't grow a mustache. It just doesn't work for me.

Conditioner works wonders on it.