Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racial Hangups?
How many people have racial hang ups? I honestly am not attracted to black guys at all, and I am black lol, is that weird?

no racial hang ups here, the only thing that irritates me is foriegners who CHOOSE to settle in another country and refuse to adapt to their new host country's customs and traditions and seek only to change their host country and their culture to suit their needs.

embrace your chosen home's traditions and acclimatise to their traditions, if you aren't happy then maybe it is time to go home where your traditions are part of your culture.

ObnoxiousKid Wrote:How many people have racial hang ups? I honestly am not attracted to black guys at all, and I am black lol, is that weird?

I'm just guessing but I think as a minority ethnic group, members of your particular ethnicity can become sort of strictly family-orientated and you feel strange to see them in a sexual light.
I sometimes feel that way with other Chinese people. There's also a part of me that feels more safe and comfortable when in the social company of my own ethnicity.
It's probably a result of naturally being separated by your race as a minority. The way you see them becomes quite different to other ones.

I also feel similar about language. My mother tongue is English, but Mandarin, Cantonese and Shanghainese are special in a way to me. I feel self conscious when people ask me to 'say something in Mandarin' because I don't know what to say and then I feel uncomfortable saying it outside of a home environment.

dfiant Wrote:no racial hang ups here, the only thing that irritates me is foriegners who CHOOSE to settle in another country and refuse to adapt to their new host country's customs and traditions and seek only to change their host country and their culture to suit their needs.

embrace your chosen home's traditions and acclimatise to their traditions, if you aren't happy then maybe it is time to go home where your traditions are part of your culture.

Do they have a word for irony in Australia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mas...ustralians

cardiganwearer Wrote:Do they have a word for irony in Australia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mas...ustralians

do they have a word for get fucked in th UK?

Yes, I don't find myself attracted to black guys (save for a rare one or two). Some Asian are okay and I would say my "number two" favorite would be Hispanic, but it's mostly white guys for me.

I think the bigger issue is people who think a person is racist because they aren't sexually attracted to anyone and everyone. I have no issues with other races from a discrimination standpoint, I'm just not going to have relations with them.

And to the OP, I know other black people who aren't attracted to black people, so it's not too uncommon.

As a teen I was infatuated with vampires. I became really attracted to the "light skin and dark hair." and that's never changed. So I'm really not attracted to black guys. But I'm also not attracted to dark tans either. Attractiveness to skin color is nothing more than just what is visually pleasing to you. I like light skin with a few exceptions. I don't think it's racial. Sure there's plenty of people out there that would probably call me racist but those people are just looking for a fight or reason to be angry.

Calling someone racist for not being attracted to a certain skin color is like calling a guy sexist for being gay.

dfiant Wrote:no racial hang ups here, the only thing that irritates me is foriegners who CHOOSE to settle in another country and refuse to adapt to their new host country's customs and traditions and seek only to change their host country and their culture to suit their needs.

Agreed 100,000,000%

ThatRobGuy Wrote:Yes, I don't find myself attracted to black guys (save for a rare one or two). Some Asian are okay and I would say my "number two" favorite would be Hispanic, but it's mostly white guys for me.

I think the bigger issue is people who think a person is racist because they aren't sexually attracted to anyone and everyone. I have no issues with other races from a discrimination standpoint, I'm just not going to have relations with them.

And to the OP, I know other black people who aren't attracted to black people, so it's not too uncommon.

I really don't understand how you don't think that's racist lol. In my opinion, it is to a degree. By not wanting to date anyone of another ethnicity makes me assume you think they're all the same. It's like you're making skin tone more than what it is. The love of your life or someone who could have everything you ever wanted in a man could be Black, Hispanic or Asian, but you'd never know because you wouldn't date them or even think about dating them based on the color of their skin. Not meaning to snap on you, but I'm just really tired of people saying "It's not racist to not be attracted to [insert race] guys/girls." I'm not angry, I just find it odd and confusing that people think like that.

As for the original question OP asked, no. There's no racial hang ups here. I love all different shapes, sizes and flavors lol.

myapple Wrote:I really don't understand how you don't think that's racist lol. In my opinion, it is to a degree. By not wanting to date anyone of another ethnicity makes me assume you think they're all the same. It's like you're making skin tone more than what it is. The love of your life or someone who would/could drastically change your life could be Black, Hispanic or Asian, but you'd never know because you wouldn't date them. Not meaning to snap on you, but I'm just really tired of people saying "It's not racist to not be attracted to [insert race] guys/girls." I'm not angry, I just find it odd and confusing that people think like that.

As for the original question OP asked, no. There's no racial hang ups here. I love all different shapes, sizes and flavors lol.

It's not like I wake up every day and consciously tell myself "you will not be attracted to any other races today." I'm attracted to what I'm attracted, and I'm not attracted to what I'm not. I don't think any less of other races.

You are the type of person at which my post was aimed; just because you are attracted to anyone and everyone doesn't mean it's wrong for others to not feel the same way. You keep dating any and every shape, size, and flavor, and I will keep doing what I do. Doesn't make me racist, sexist, etc., just makes my preferences different from yours. Smile