Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really excited about this: finally, the perfect steak at home?
I just found out about this new kitchen gadget:

http://www.palatehome.com/

There aren't many details yet but it looks wonderful.

The Palate Smart Grill seems versatile, easy to use and store and these guys promise great results ('restaurant quality food', 'perfect results'). But it's not available yet, so we'll have to wait and see. Sad

I have a Philips airfryer and I love it but this one seems to be more sophisticated, more precise and much better for steaks.

Any thoughts on this?

In my household, Jake is the cook, and he's very traditional, no electric oven when cooking meat- all natural gaz, and our BBQ is an actual self built BBQ, no charcoal briquets, it's a large brick oven with grills and a roast gear system when we need to roast meat and yes it's powered by naked fire. So in our kitchen, there's no George Foreman grill or any other electric grill. If we feel like BBQ we go outside even in winter Smile

So this new grill will have no use in our house, when we got married, we got many kitchen supplies gift which are still unopened in their original box. Meme posted something about starting a swag thread at some point. Meme are you interested in 5000 dollars worth of unused kitchen supplies? LOL

Alex Wrote:In my household, Jake is the cook, and he's very traditional, no electric oven when cooking meat- all natural gaz, and our BBQ is an actual self built BBQ, no charcoal briquets, it's a large brick oven with grills and a roast gear system when we need to roast meat and yes it's powered by naked fire. So in our kitchen, there's no George Foreman grill or any other electric grill. If we feel like BBQ we go outside even in winter Smile

So this new grill will have no use in our house, when we got married, we got many kitchen supplies gift which are still unopened in their original box. Meme posted something about starting a swag thread at some point. Meme are you interested in 5000 dollars worth of unused kitchen supplies? LOL

I started out reading your praise of all gas cooking and REAL grills that use wood instead of preformed charcoal and felt I'd met a soulmate!!!! then you screwed it up with the last line... hahhahahaha!

Me Personally interested in more kitchen supplies? Heck NO! My great room mate and I have found out we can do more with less and are still throwing out or giving away kitchen gadgets, pots, pans and dishes. I gave away my gas grill last year after he took plans to a welding shop for a Grill/ Smoker like they use in a deep south where he's from. The boy is a genius in the kitchen or at the grill... for a straight guy he definitely got the gay gene for cooking! He blows my mind with some of the stuff he cooks up.

What sort of drugs were you on to accumulate $5000 in kitchen gear??? hahahhaha!

As for setting up in GS to do a swap-shop thread...
the interest in it was next to zero. Most the furniture and stuff I needed to get rid of was grabbed up by a woman with a flea market. The rest is in my box trailer to haul to Missouri in a couple weeks. The house looks pretty empty now but that won't last long. I can't wait for Jay to get here and see it in December so I can tell him to knock himself out filling it up again. If he's crazy enough to move here I want him to feel this house is as much his as mine. I don't Shive a Git what type furniture he gets --- All I care about is him being happy here.

memechose Wrote:I started out reading your praise of all gas cooking and REAL grills that use wood instead of preformed charcoal and felt I'd met a soulmate!!!! then you screwed it up with the last line... hahhahahaha!

Me Personally interested in more kitchen supplies? Heck NO! My great room mate and I have found out we can do more with less and are still throwing out or giving away kitchen gadgets, pots, pans and dishes. I gave away my gas grill last year after he took plans to a welding shop for a Grill/ Smoker like they use in a deep south where he's from. The boy is a genius in the kitchen or at the grill... for a straight guy he definitely got the gay gene for cooking! He blows my mind with some of the stuff he cooks up.

What sort of drugs were you on to accumulate $5000 in kitchen gear??? hahahhaha!

As for setting up in GS to do a swap-shop thread...
the interest in it was next to zero. Most the furniture and stuff I needed to get rid of was grabbed up by a woman with a flea market. The rest is in my box trailer to haul to Missouri in a couple weeks. The house looks pretty empty now but that won't last long. I can't wait for Jay to get here and see it in December so I can tell him to knock himself out filling it up again. If he's crazy enough to move here I want him to feel this house is as much his as mine. I don't Shive a Git what type furniture he gets --- All I care about is him being happy here.

Hahahha Meme Jake is a multi millionaire - lol, this also means he has some friends that are as rich as he is, 5000 dollars sum up real quick in kitchen appliances, go for 5 pieces with the brand kitchen aid and there you already got 1000 spent Smile

For city condo single-man-at-home cooking.... that gadget sounds awesome.

That -is- my situation, but fortunately my complex allows a bbq on the balcony. I'm one of only a few people who have one, but I use it year round.

Still. I admit.... there is an interest and a temptation there. But, at the volume of food I cook at a time? It would be a waste of my money.

I DID just buy a 9-cup food processor though and I am in love with it. (Purchased it to give my shoulder/forearm/wrist and right hand a bit of a break since I've been having some problems there lately and need it to recover. Can't believe I didn't buy it sooner now that I have one.)

For the record...

There's nothing that runs off electricity that can produce anything close to a perfect steak... IMO.

I have a fire pit... and I pretty much know when my meat is done once it stops squirming and screaming.....

:tongue:

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:[...]
I DID just buy a 9-cup food processor though and I am in love with it. [...]

Brand and model?

I've already told you about the famous Thermomix, a new model has just come out:

MisterLove Wrote:Brand and model?

I've already told you about the famous Thermomix, a new model has just come out:

Alex Wrote:In my household, Jake is the cook

Alex baby! You're not a bad cook either, I love how you heat your ass before sex LOL. Not to mentioned what you cultivate in your scrotum hahahaha... sorry babe you make it easy sometime lol