Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend a Book thread!
Heavy read but worth it.

[Image: 41YtxPT7ssL.jpg]

The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

Mystery set in Chicago, but the PI is a real wizard, and takes on all kinds of supernatural threats. Sort of Modern Day, with a Fantasy Twist.

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Sterling is a small, ordinary New Hampshire town where nothing ever happens -- until the day its complacency is shattered by a shocking act of violence. In the aftermath, the town's residents must not only seek justice in order to begin healing but also come to terms with the role they played in the tragedy. For them, the lines between truth and fiction, right and wrong, insider and outsider have been obscured forever. Josie Cormier, the teenage daughter of the judge sitting on the case, could be the state's best witness, but she can't remember what happened in front of her own eyes. And as the trial progresses, fault lines between the high school and the adult community begin to show, destroying the closest of friendships and families.

This is one of my favorite books.

Don't let me go by J.H Trumble is a great book. Its well worth a read. I loved it.

Mattimeo : By Brian Jacques
[Image: mt-oldsoftcover-us.gif]
Mattimeo is a fantasy novel by Brian Jacques, published in 1989. It is the third book in the Redwall series

All his life, the worst thing young Mattimeo had to fear was a stern lecture from his father Matthias, but all that changes when Slagar the Cruel visits Mossflower Woods with plans to kidnap Mattimeo in a bid to shake the very foundations of the Abbey and its inhabitants.
~

It's surprisingly not as child-like as it appears to be. Very well written and I love it Smile . I love the Red Wall series, and this one is just marvelous.

Curl up in your snuggie or with your hunnie ( Wink ) on a late sunday afternoon and read this book. It's just so great Smile .

And to add, it's even been made into a show/cartoon Wink , though is less "adult" than the book, since the book lets you imagine (like scenes of death or loss).

Don't let the date deter you, it's still so good, even now Smile .

Animal farm by George Orwell, a very curious book with loads of sublet themes running through it. I've read it like 20 times lol

mrk2010 Wrote:Animal farm by George Orwell, a very curious book with loads of sublet themes running through it. I've read it like 20 times lol

I think I've read that as well... is that the one where the animals talk?

It was required for class :p

Since Dystopian novels are all the rage right now I recommend:
-Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale"

On my reading list this year are:
- lots of Yaoi Manga, I read: Laugh Under the Clouda (good one), Beast & Feast (explicit!), Double Cast, in the middle of the 5 part: I Shall Never Return (addictive), I still have to read: A Gentlemen's Kiss (2-parter),
Ambiguous Relationship, Love Mode (over 10 volumes), and Gravitation (over 10 volumes)
-(finish) the Millenium Trilogy, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (these are audiobooks)
-Hunger Games Trilogy (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
- the rest of the Wizard of Oz series
-Room by Emma Donahue
-Supersad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
-The Fault in our Stars by John Green (I have an autographed copy)
-The Language of Fear (Horror Anthology)