Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering Alcoholic
I have been a member of this site for a while and I am a recovering alcoholic. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in two years. There has been times where I have wanted to but I would of been letting down all those wonderful people who have helped me.

But most importantly I Would be letting my self down. Life is hard for me at the moment and in the past when life got this bad I would drink until I would pass out so that I wouldn't have to think how crap my life is.

Things are bad in my life again right now, finances, relationships and health issues but I am not going to drink it would take me back to square one and I don't want to drink every day and missing out on the daytime cause I was passed out drunk.

I know my life will get better in time I will have to be patient and wait.

Congratulations on your two year abstinence. In the meantime, you can count on the support of everyone here. You only have to log in to GS and there wil always someone willing to help.

GOOD FOR YOU!

The HARDEST work anyone can do, is to work on THEMSELVES!!!!
[Image: gold+star.jpg]

When you get the "urge", drink a HUGE glass of water and then go for a walk, ride a bike, do housework, or something like that.

I have 19 years clean and sober. The first two years are the hardest. It does get easier after year 2.

If this is around your two year sobriety Birthday it may already be a tricky time for you aside from the rest of the stresses heaped on you. Something about the anniversaries of the last time one drank/used whatever tends to set off cravings.

Thus for AA and NA they 'celebrate' sobriety Birthdays and hand out chips - 24 hours, one month, 2 month, 90 day, 1 year, 2 year... etc. These are 'mile marker' dates and are important.

Now I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that after 2 years you don't need to keep guard - there will be times when cravings will hit - mostly due to situational crap like finances, health, etc. However after 2 years the cravings do get more manageable and farther and fewer between.

Two years is a big deal, a major mile marker - Its worth patting yourself on your back and taking pride at this accomplishment.

Congrats that's wonderful.
[Image: congratulations_zpsbf8309e1.gif]