Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regretful coming outs
Is there anyone here who has regretted coming out? Maybe you came out as gay, but then in the long run you came out as bi? Or have you have came out bi and then meant to come out as gay? I'm just wondering if there's anyone out here like that. Are there even people who have came out as gay and then realized they were actually straight in the long run?

I came out as gay and I do not regret it. I know I am and I'm totally going with my gut instinct on it. I have known about my homosexuality at 13/14.

I don't regret coming out, I sort of regret the way it happened. Since it wasn't my decision, word got about town to my brother through friends, and then my brother told my mom. I would have preferred to have been a little bit more in control of how it happened.

Yeah, I will say that my coming out wasn't the way I hoped. My mom was upset by it and she insisted I was straight. She thought I was crazy. I didn't like that at all. Then she flip-flopped and supported it a year later. To be precise, it was a year and 6 days later. She has flip-flopped once again and she now believes I'm still straight. :/

I wouldn't change it for the life of me. There was a lot of discussion about "the gay gene" in the LGBTQ youth-club here about two years ago, and everybody agreed that they hoped "the gene" would never be found, ever, because then people could possibly find a way to correct it at birth.

About changing it to Bisexual, that wouldn't help things much here. Most people accept gay people, but there is some prejudice against bi people, from both gay and straight people. So yeah, that would just be worse. I personally don't judge people, it's not mine to judge how others are. I'm also not a feminist like many lesbians, I want a complete equality for every single soul. While I have all the same rights, here in Iceland, as straight people, the trans-rights, for instance, are practically non-existent. I would really like that to change.

I came out two months ago and have no regrets. I was initially going to just tell my mom and a teacher friend of mine but after I realized I really liked guys I went manic. Then came out to most of my family and close friends because I was high on adrenaline which wasnt planned at all. Still not out at work though. I am still not 100% sure if I am completely gay or if I am bisexual. I am not in a huge rush to slap a definitive label on myself.

There's some people I regret telling, in individual instances...

One of my oldest buddies, Sam and I were getting all fucked up round at his place one night back home, and it was turning into one of those deep and meaningful chats, where you start talking about dreams and aspirations. The nice kinda haziness you get with a good friend and a lot of drinks.

I was a bit unsure about it but I think I started with something like "I don't wanna scare you, but I've had some doubts over my sexuality...think I might be gay." and his face just kinda dropped :frown:

I'm guessing he thought I was gonna follow this up with "and I really like you." which wasn't the case at all, but he really sorta looked a bit freaked out by it and didn't say anything back. There was a bit of an awkward moment after that but we got back onto solid ground again by the end of the evening. It was probably one of my worst 'outings', still makes me feel embarassed looking back on it, almost like the bad ones you expect.

We're still cool and hang out together now, but he doesn't like to talk about that stuff, he doesn't judge either.

i m so happy i toled every one im gay it was the best thin i done e ver . if somone said yuo are not gay or iit is bad then them it is them who was wrong not me!

Marvinteck Wrote:I came out two months ago and have no regrets. I was initially going to just tell my mom and a teacher friend of mine but after I realized I really liked guys I went manic. Then came out to most of my family and close friends because I was high on adrenaline which wasnt planned at all. Still not out at work though. I am still not 100% sure if I am completely gay or if I am bisexual. I am not in a huge rush to slap a definitive label on myself.

Plus, it does rather take the boyfriend or girlfriend to actually come to grips with whether we feel comfortable loving another man or a woman... so that's when it's easiest to tell.

joseph Wrote:i m so happy i toled every one im gay it was the best thin i done e ver . if somone said yuo are not gay or iit is bad then them it is them who was wrong not me!

Absolutely, Joseph!!! Quite right! And anyway how can THEY possibly know what's going on in your head and in your body? They can't... so they really don't get to say if you are gay or not. YOU do!!

joseph Wrote:i m so happy i toled every one im gay it was the best thin i done e ver . if somone said yuo are not gay or iit is bad then them it is them who was wrong not me!
BiggthumpupRespectMexicanwaveRespectBiggthumpup