Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenge...is it really that sweet?
What are your thoughts on revenge? Is it really "sweet" and/or satisfying?

I have to admit I am usually appalled at acts of revenge and I spent a lot of time thinking about why and basically what it comes down to for me...if someone was that bad ...why do you want to become just as bad? ...and does it make it any better when you do the same thing to them? The way I see it...once that happens...you both live in the sewer....

I also think forgiveness is the best route BUT it is waaaay harder than it appears to be on the surface and ultimately I think it is about you and letting it go. A lot of the people I have forgiven don't even know it but when it really clicked for me...I was released from that hate or anger which can really debilitate you.....

The one time I can remember actually seeking revenge...it wasn't really a plan...it just fell in my lap and I took the opportunity because it was there. I thought it was funny for a few years afterward...then I felt bad about it....and a little sick to my stomach...and I always wanted to apologize so I could stop feeling like the asshole I was when I did it and then about three weeks ago....after almost 30 years...I came face to face with him and I just froze...but I have been thinking about it every day since...

I hope I have the nerve to say something next time I see him....I am not even sure he knows what I did but I know it and it bugs me....I wish I hadn't done it.

What are your thoughts on revenge?

"If you go seeking revenge, dig two graves..."

I share the same feelings on revenge. Smile

Forgive or seek revenge, both are so hard, but i think avenging might be pretty sweet if you have the power to hurt back Wink

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

I think it's hard to decide what to do unless you know the details of the situation. Sometimes doing the right thing and protecting yourself leads to a sort of revenge that happens organically. But to spend time on planning and orchestrating revenge just gives more time and energy to a person who you likely don't want to be involved with any more.

Hi there East, I know the feeling of revenge. I have even plotted it a few times but never followed through.
With that said, I think if you have a chance again to apologize and explain to this person,by all means do it. You will feel better if you do and hopefully stop thinking about it so much.
Good luck. I hope you get the chance.

LucasVonSeattle Wrote:I think it's hard to decide what to do unless you know the details of the situation. Sometimes doing the right thing and protecting yourself leads to a sort of revenge that happens organically. But to spend time on planning and orchestrating revenge just gives more time and energy to a person who you likely don't want to be involved with any more.

I couldn't have said it better.

My life is too damned busy to plot and plan revenge on someone that doesn't deserve my time. But if karmic backlash happens somehow spurred by me doing the right thing, protecting myself, etc? I'm going to secretly smirk and wallow a little bit in my pleasure over getting to witness them getting what I feel they deserved.

Forgiveness is the best policy.

After you've given him a good sock in the gut.

I honestly don't remember a time when I would have wanted to seek revenge on someone.

No wait! Somebody stole my mp3-player a while ago. I do not know who it was but I wanted him to face the most painful death. But then again, I did not fantasize myself delivering this painful death to him, it was more like I wanted to trust karma to do its job? Tongue