Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip off Britain,
Are we in Britain the most ripped off nation in Western Europe? How many of us are going to have to cut back on heating our homes this winter, and cut down on using our cars because of the exorbitant prices of gas, electricity and petrol. With wages being either frozen or even reduced in some cases and job losses is it about time that this Government does something about the energy companies? The Government had a meeting with the energy companies, then Chris Huhne (Secretary of State for Energy)came out from the meeting and said we should shop around, yet all the energy companies are in a cartel with the same pricing for their fuel, so much for competition being good.

“Day of Rage”
"March on Wall Street"

just thinking
-what does 911 relate to the common peep, nothing. when did the ny port authority do anything good for anything, something, not them selves.
-the endless war; good or bad the Libya ended with success, trillions under budget of any Iraq or Afghanistan effort. the war on terror is a distraction while any type of personal savings are eaten up.

-governments are not forward looking but

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2sctCtjnRveXGzgPBR17...kJngF5Yqmw]
thats a fabulous burberry scarf boys

[Image: bush_runningforthe-exit.jpg]
bush in china rember?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXsRE4s0PgD80JBrYH5y_...UBsftzpISQ]
next American president... socially conservative Rick Santorum
not liking dadt but never served himself.

Almac Wrote: yet all the energy companies are in a cartel with the same pricing for their fuel, so much for competition being good.

The energy markets aren't controlled, at least not to that extent. Petrol (gas), where I live, is 3.22/gallon or 201.96p per gallon and one gallon = 3.785 liters.

pellaz Wrote:“Day of Rage”
"March on Wall Street"

just thinking
-what does 911 relate to the common peep, nothing. when did the ny port authority do anything good for anything, something, not them selves.
-the endless war; good or bad the Libya ended with success, trillions under budget of any Iraq or Afghanistan effort. the war on terror is a distraction while any type of personal savings are eaten up.

not liking dadt but never served himself

Libya did indeed end with success. Maybe it was partly because Europe took more active part in it, not just sending 20 000 troops in total like in Afghanistan and Iraq. In Libya's case, USA was actually supported by a French Aircraft Carrier battle group, French submarines, British destroyers and submarines, and many European nation's air forces. This combined with US forces were just WAY too raw deal for Gaddafi to handle, and I don't blame him. I'd like to see more NATO cooperation like this in future. Leaving ground war to locals, supporting them from air and sea - occupation gets always messy Sad

Uke Wrote:Libya did indeed end with success. Maybe it was partly because Europe took more active part in it, not just sending 20 000 troops in total like in Afghanistan and Iraq. In Libya's case, USA was actually supported by a French Aircraft Carrier battle group, French submarines, British destroyers and submarines, and many European nation's air forces. This combined with US forces were just WAY too raw deal for Gaddafi to handle, and I don't blame him. I'd like to see more NATO cooperation like this in future. Leaving ground war to locals, supporting them from air and sea - occupation gets always messy Sad

Yes, France and Britain were the deciders on going in. Europe managed to secure its oil resources in Libya. Kudos, and without all the hubbub of Iraq. That should help with prices.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gadhafi...link=kiosk

Inchante Wrote:Yes, France and Britain were the deciders on going in. Europe managed to secure its oil resources in Libya. Kudos, and without all the hubbub of Iraq. That should help with prices.

Yeah, Libya is *SO* going to be on European Union's leash for the next decades. It's pretty clear that when European Central Bank started to have problems in keeping the economical mess in check, the superpowers of Europe went to get some oil/cash from Libya to make things easier. I guess USA wanted it's share as well.

Uke Wrote:Yeah, Libya is *SO* going to be on European Union's leash for the next decades. It's pretty clear that when European Central Bank started to have problems in keeping the economical mess in check, the superpowers of Europe went to get some oil/cash from Libya to make things easier. I guess USA wanted it's share as well.

You didn't read the article did you? 85% of Libyan oil goes to Europe. The U.S. gets about 3% of its oil from Libya. Most oil in the U.S. is imported from Canada, and The United States recently found one of the biggest oil reserves in the world within its own boarders. Just telling the truth of the situation. Sorry it bothers you. When governments are concerned, there is no such thing as a pure motive.

Oh sorry...I didn't see the link :redface:

What bothers me? :O Nothing bothers me. Don't you see? My mood is always Angelic yay Big Grin

But in all the seriousness, the West cannot overcome this shit we're facing if amidst economic crisis and China's growing dominance we also run out of oil...-.-'

Inchante Wrote:You didn't read the article did you? 85% of Libyan oil goes to Europe. The U.S. gets about 3% of its oil from Libya. Most oil in the U.S. is imported from Canada, and The United States recently found one of the biggest oil reserves in the world within its own boarders. Just telling the truth of the situation. Sorry it bothers you. When governments are concerned, there is no such thing as a pure motive.

Well apparently my previous comment disappeared to bit space, as it didn't post into the site, but let's try again. And oh, I missed the link...sorry for that :redface:

No, nothing bothers me Big Grin My mood is Angelic, don't you see YaY^^

It was a European operation. If the oil went elsewhere than to Europe, then I'd be bothered Big Grin And in all the seriousness, while we are handling rough economical times, and dealing with the rise of China's dominance across the globe, we certainly don't need an oil shortage now O.o

Well, you've got it Uke. You may also want to read this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun...agon-chief