Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S&M psychology question
I was curious what people involved in S&M (or know those who are) thought of this on why some are sexual masochists:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/...de-look-sm

Quote:Of course, masochists are not really out to ditch their selves. Nor do they want to be sex slaves in reality. They want the fantasy of shedding their own identity, with its autonomy and responsibility, and submitting entirely to the will of another.

And if so then what do those who cater to them after? I'm not talking about someone just being selfish (who just wants license to do whatever under the guise of a S&M game) or mercenary (like professional dominatrix), or trying to make sure they're never under someone else's control (like an abuse victim I know of who embraced being a dom for that reason) but those that genuinely want to please their masochist partners as a great many seem to want to do (I hear that it's actually the masochist who holds the power).

From my understanding, people into these kinds of fetishes feel like they are worthless, not good for anything, useless, a lower life form, no good to anyone, etc....so they get off on being harshly treated and abused.

Most will never admit to feeling they are like this, but they get into this fetish to make themselves feel useful to someone, because they have been led to believe by those around them, or society, that they are no good to anyone unless its to be subservient, abused, or dead.