Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satisfying Curiosity... opinions wanted
I've been avoiding this thread, but I totally had the subject manner wrong from what I thought it would be. I did figure it would be the result of someone letting their mind wander, but I did not know it was your thread Twisttheleaf, and from the title figured it was going to be another one of those threads from someone sitting in front of their computer over-thinking possible problems in dating instead of getting out there and just trying and making the same mistakes and occasionally getting hurt on their way to finally meeting the right person, like what most of us who are there already went through. I was just thinking, nah, not the least bit interested in again giving advice on that crap.

Which shows the attributes you have that many us, including me, should try to be better at- sensitivity, compassion, and patience. You provide valuable, well thought out advice and you do it from your experience in life, some reality, not just some ideas in your head of how things ought to be. You are also able to provide from experience advice that a lot of us who are older cannot, advice for long distance relationships. Some that are older experienced this in their younger years, but technology has made it a more common today. Since you are doing such a good job at it, you can give excellent advice in this area.

Keep doing what you are doing, because you are doing it with a lot more kindness than what I am and in the world of forums that is certainly something that is needed.

I think you're considerate and kind. I think your posts convey the kind of person I would want to have as a friend in real life and would feel comfortable trusting your feedback. I imagine you as someone who'd be fun to chillax with and just go with the flow, have fun in each other's company even if we have nothing specific on the agenda. I like the way you speak out to defend some decent sensitivity and respect for others even when they might be seemingly less deserving. I also like your signature and it was nice to learn you did the work yourself. Xyxwave
[Image: Hairy-Asian-Model.jpg]
AND just for a little mischief, I imagine you looking like this and do not expect you to mess around with that. Sagrin
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I could respond to this, though I've known you alot longer than 3 months and with alot more insight into you than just a few public posts(okay or ALOT cause you are an overachiever of massive proportions in that way)..

I could, but when I do, you always say that I'm biased, and while this -might- be true(is probably, highly likely that it's true) it doesn't make it any less TRUE

Okay so I'm going to do it anyway(you knew I would, right?) You are incredibly intelligent, creative, talented, sensitive, caring, amazing and gorgeous...inside and out. You have the most beautiful soul of anyone I've ever met and your moral compass is beyond compare.

Yes, I love you...but it's still all very, very true. You're amazing, man. So much so that I can't even imagine my life without you...and I wouldn't ever want to. You are everything I want, all that I need.

And Mine. Definitely, definitely mine.

Cuddly Wrote:I usually see your avatar and think "There's a post worth reading". You set a nice tone and I don't remember seeing you in any "fights", so that in combination with the writing skills and insight you bring, I put a high value on your posts.

Thanks! I haven't seen a lot of posts from you, but from the ones I have, I've enjoyed for the most part. You seem... comfortable. And don't seem to talk out your ass about topics you have no idea on but stick to practical advice. It's something that, especially on a forum, I think is valuable.

Uneunsae Wrote:I'm very shy about telling people my feelings out in the open so I'll just say that you are someone I would want to be friends with in RL and I think you're special. Smile

We've shared some thoughts about this in the past in PMs. Smile I agree with you, that you seem to be someone that I'd enjoy being friends with in RL. I think, on the forum, you bring a sensitivity to others and what they're going through as well as a sincerity and empathy that is unmatched by anyone else I've seen on this forum or any other. I think you're remarkable. Smile

Borg69 Wrote:I would say you're wise beyond your years, and have a great deal of empathy.

Thank you. Smile

I see you as someone who cuts to the chase. You're very concise in.... well, I'm not sure if it's your writing so much as your opinions and advice. You don't ramble, you don't let a lot of extra data and bs get in the way but, instead, get straight to the point of the matter... whatever that matter may be.

Iceblink Wrote:I've been avoiding this thread, but I totally had the subject manner wrong from what I thought it would be. I did figure it would be the result of someone letting their mind wander, but I did not know it was your thread Twisttheleaf, and from the title figured it was going to be another one of those threads from someone sitting in front of their computer over-thinking possible problems in dating instead of getting out there and just trying and making the same mistakes and occasionally getting hurt on their way to finally meeting the right person, like what most of us who are there already went through. I was just thinking, nah, not the least bit interested in again giving advice on that crap.

Which shows the attributes you have that many us, including me, should try to be better at- sensitivity, compassion, and patience. You provide valuable, well thought out advice and you do it from your experience in life, some reality, not just some ideas in your head of how things ought to be. You are also able to provide from experience advice that a lot of us who are older cannot, advice for long distance relationships. Some that are older experienced this in their younger years, but technology has made it a more common today. Since you are doing such a good job at it, you can give excellent advice in this area.

Keep doing what you are doing, because you are doing it with a lot more kindness than what I am and in the world of forums that is certainly something that is needed.

Wow man. That.. was really nice to hear. Smile Felt good to read it. Thank you.

For me, what I've noticed about you is that you're a thinker. This isn't to say that you sit around and think all day long, but more along the lines that you put a LOT of thought into the posts when you reply to threads looking for advice. There's very few that I see who go to the depth that you often do, and I find it really impressive.

That and, from spending some time with you on the word game forum.... you have a terrific sense of humor. Smile

CCRox Wrote:I think you're considerate and kind. I think your posts convey the kind of person I would want to have as a friend in real life and would feel comfortable trusting your feedback. I imagine you as someone who'd be fun to chillax with and just go with the flow, have fun in each other's company even if we have nothing specific on the agenda. I like the way you speak out to defend some decent sensitivity and respect for others even when they might be seemingly less deserving. I also like your signature and it was nice to learn you did the work yourself. Xyxwave
[Image: Hairy-Asian-Model.jpg]
AND just for a little mischief, I imagine you looking like this and do not expect you to mess around with that. Sagrin

HA! I'm leaner and less hairy than him but damn I like the impression, if that's the impression I'm making. *LOL*

Thanks man. I was a little worried that 'speaking out for others' thing with the sensitivity /respect issue might have been.... um, off putting for some. Glad to hear that it doesn't seem to be the case, at least not in your opinion.

I think there are a few topics we would strongly disagree on, but... that said? You're definitely a straight shooter when it comes to your opinions and advice and don't appear to have a problem with calling a spade a spade when you feel it's called for. Smile Your wording is often very concise. (Something I wish I was better at.)

Gideon Wrote:I could respond to this, though I've known you alot longer than 3 months and with alot more insight into you than just a few public posts(okay or ALOT cause you are an overachiever of massive proportions in that way)..

I could, but when I do, you always say that I'm biased, and while this -might- be true(is probably, highly likely that it's true) it doesn't make it any less TRUE

Okay so I'm going to do it anyway(you knew I would, right?) You are incredibly intelligent, creative, talented, sensitive, caring, amazing and gorgeous...inside and out. You have the most beautiful soul of anyone I've ever met and your moral compass is beyond compare.

Yes, I love you...but it's still all very, very true. You're amazing, man. So much so that I can't even imagine my life without you...and I wouldn't ever want to. You are everything I want, all that I need.

And Mine. Definitely, definitely mine.

Gid... you -are- totally biased. That said? I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, considering who you are in my life, yeah?

You are the most understanding and patient man I have ever met. Yes, sometimes you can be a bit rough around the edges, and sometimes you lack in patience in a BIG way..... but not in the times and places and ways that matter.

I've never met anyone as trustworthy as you are. You've taught me how to be in a relationship. You taught me what it is to -love- someone, and how to accept love from someone. You are..... invested. In me. In what we have. In a way that I didn't think was possible. You know more about me than my sister and my mother, both who have (or do) lived with me.

You're amazing. I'm convinced you deserve someone better than me, and yet I love you so goddamned much man. So I'm glad you need me, because I'd hate it if you let go.

I'm sorry, this is the wrong format for me to base a real judgement about you as a person.

You as the character you portray as Twisttheleaf is one thing, you are whoever you really are? IDK.

I know I do it - I hide behind the moniker of Bowyn Aerrow - where I hide my sorrows, pains, griefs and even some of my joys and happiness. I paint an image of 'me' which really isn't 'me'.

The internet gives us that ability and every human bean who uses the internet uses that ability to its fullest potential.

We can lie through our teeth and their are no tells, no vocal clues, no fleeting facial expressions that give the lie away...

We say we are fine (albeit the world is fallen to shit lately and we are about to stick the muzzle of our side arm in our mouth, but we are fine) and there is no hint, no alarm clue to say anything but 'I'm fine'.

So who you are is up to what real people in your life see. You cannot depend on internet people to 'judge' you as a person, we get such a filtered, watered down version of you with intent or not... we cannot possibly judge you, measure you, or tell you what we think of you as a real person.

As a character you play - sure.... That is easy. You have a great character, one of the good guy ones... but is that really you? IDK... I hope... but I just don't know.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm sorry, this is the wrong format for me to base a real judgement about you as a person.

You as the character you portray as Twisttheleaf is one thing, you are whoever you really are? IDK.

I know I do it - I hide behind the moniker of Bowyn Aerrow - where I hide my sorrows, pains, griefs and even some of my joys and happiness. I paint an image of 'me' which really isn't 'me'.

The internet gives us that ability and every human bean who uses the internet uses that ability to its fullest potential.

We can lie through our teeth and their are no tells, no vocal clues, no fleeting facial expressions that give the lie away...

We say we are fine (albeit the world is fallen to shit lately and we are about to stick the muzzle of our side arm in our mouth, but we are fine) and there is no hint, no alarm clue to say anything but 'I'm fine'.

So who you are is up to what real people in your life see. You cannot depend on internet people to 'judge' you as a person, we get such a filtered, watered down version of you with intent or not... we cannot possibly judge you, measure you, or tell you what we think of you as a real person.

As a character you play - sure.... That is easy. You have a great character, one of the good guy ones... but is that really you? IDK... I hope... but I just don't know.

I understand what you're saying. That's why I asked what -impression- I make on others, rather than if they know me or think they do.

I can honestly say that I try not to hide. I don't really think I have anything -to- hide. There's no point in hiding who you are on the internet... or anywhere else, really. I want people to know and accept -me-, not some facsimile that I think others might want.

I will say that for me.... with you? I've found that, like Iceblink, you give the impression for me that you're a thinker. Your posts are both filled with thought, as well as thought provoking. I think sometimes you can be a bit sardonic and sarcastic.... these are things that I often miss completely in most people but, for some reason can often pick up when you mean to be that way in your posts. I'm not sure if that's your writing style that helps me figure it out, or a similar sense of humor or..... I'm not sure. I do -enjoy- your posts, though. In fact, you're one of those that I go out of my way to read. Smile

It's O.K. Bowyn Aerrow , Just relax we've, well, most of us have been where you are.
Giving up on Hope, ready to let go, (I know you were drinking tonight, I read it in your other post)
It's o.k. dude.
Understand this, people will lie to your face, not just on the internet. But in real life.
Yeah, a lot of people hide, but not everyone, You have to route them out, I don't, I am who I say I am.

A warped S.O.B. (KIDDING)--Am I?

ANYWAY. Even though you were drinking, you do make a few good points.
Now,---Who plays a character??--(Are You Human)
Your A really good guy and I know your Venting and That's O.K.
I find this place to be a pretty good group of people that understand and I know you do to, and it's O.K. to vent here once in a while.
I know I get Really Mad at life once in a while. Lay down on the couch and sleep it off dude, It will all be good in the morning. No one said life is easy.

If I can get a sense of genuiness from online personas like in pattern, content, etc. I tend to trust that persona and my impression for cyber purposes. The buck would stop right there in real life until I confirm the person versus the persona. If I don't get a sense I avoid taking risks based on assumption.

I agree Twist that Bo's posts are insightful and informed and ones I go out of my way to take time to read more carefully.

Bo, you ain't hidin' jack shit brother! LOL Except by deliberate choice, and then over time, that becomes apparent too. I like real people and I love real elves even more. Xyxthumbs

Twist, this has been a great thread I've enjoyed. Thanks Smile
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:If I can get a sense of genuiness from online personas like in pattern, content, etc. I tend to trust that persona and my impression for cyber purposes. )

I agree. I mean, yeah... Sometimes there's those that can really fool you into believing that they're better people than they really are, etc. but for the most part (and over time) I think it's possible to pick out the good eggs, as well as get to know the real people behind the screens.

CCRox Wrote:The buck would stop right there in real life until I confirm the person versus the persona. If I don't get a sense I avoid taking risks based on assumption.)

Agreed here too. RL meetings put a new light on a lot of people. And you just can't believe everything anyone tells you. Learning whose genuine takes time, no matter who they are or where you met them.

CCRox Wrote:Twist, this has been a great thread I've enjoyed. Thanks Smile

Thanks man! I've really enjoyed it as we'll. Smile

I barely know a thing about you, but from what I sww:down to earth, sensitive, blunt, strong, serious