Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scary stories and general creepy things
I just saw this posted somewhere "You hear a voice downstairs,it's your mom.She says"come here."as you walk down the staircase into the basement you hear a voice saying"dont go, i hear it too."Its your mom upstairs. who to trust?'"

Well since I'm not going to sleep tonight due to excessive sitting in foetal position and crying, let's post scary stories and things. Like a campfire, except there's no fire and also we're not camping.

I can't think of anything now. Just not in the mood, but I like this idea. A spooky thread just seems fun Smile I really liked that one though and will probably use it to scare others Big Grin

Usually I don't do 'scary ghost stories. I lived scary ghost story as a child - thankfully a large chunk of it is beyond the reach of my recall.

However I do find Edgar Allen Poe's thriller stories to be most compelling. Tell Tale heart is a tale not so much of murder but the murderer going insane, which to me is far worse than having a heart ghostly beating on.

The Cask of Amontillado is especially frightening when you realize that the guy in the wall has a break with reality, before the last brick is slid into place the man goes stark raving mad with fear.

It is these mental 'break downs' that are so subtle in the story that most people miss that are the real horrors, well at least to my mind. But then I'm a little bat-shit cray-cray myself.

Yes it does!

I have told few people about this, but I am in fact in possession of a time machine. The man who sold it to me told me I must use it wisely and that it can only take me back in time a few minutes, which should be enough time to get me out of trouble at some point.

Anyway, I've been anxious to give it a try just to find out if it really works. Wish me luck.

Go here. Read it, don't skip ahead (it's not that long). Be sure to have your speakers on.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nh...eekday=tue

Lilitu Wrote:I just saw this posted somewhere "You hear a voice downstairs,it's your mom.She says"come here."as you walk down the staircase into the basement you hear a voice saying"dont go, i hear it too."Its your mom upstairs. who to trust?'"

Well since I'm not going to sleep tonight due to excessive sitting in foetal position and crying, let's post scary stories and things. Like a campfire, except there's no fire and also we're not camping.

Guuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll....you crack me up!!!!
LOL

[Image: drag%20queen-2.gif]

This may not be creepy, but I have NEVER forgotten this, or the teacher who read this story to us.

When I was in 2nd grade, I had a young teacher named Miss Staff. She was a forward thinker and loved Halloween as much as I do.

This particular year for Halloween, the media was foaming at the mouth over all these lunatic "christians" picketing Halloween as "the Devils holiday". Even being that young, I remember thinking "what idiots".

Anyway, Miss Staff brought some books to class one day and told us she did some research on where Halloween actually came from. "Way back when" America was being settled and people were spreading all over the place, they still believed on old European traditions. One tradition being a ritual for getting rid of "evil spirits" and "bad omens", so you can have a good crop for the next year.

This involved people wearing odd clothing, wrapping scarves around thier faces, and wearing big hats and such...all while carrying large, candle lit lanterns made from gourds. They would dress like this and chant prayers and ask for a good harvest for the next year, while dancing around thier farm lands scaring off evil spirits and bad omens. After a century or two, this became Halloween.

Then, Miss Staff told us a Halloween tale. This too was based on old European superstitions.

On the eve of the great Equinox, if you follow these directions, you will meet a real witch.

On the eve of the great Equinox, during a full moon on a cloudless night....
you must turn your sleeping gown (old European ways, remember?) inside out,
and walk backwards towards the nearest intersecting roads (without looking), and come to the exact
center of the intersection at exactly midnight.....

At the exact stroke of midnight, when you turn around, you will be face to face with
a real live witch.

so scary, i pee'd myself