Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwed the pooch; how do I go about fixing this
So...I said something I shouldn't have said to my best friend, and in an effort to apologize to her, I bought an apology card that you can write in. My parents know about what I said and after offering my best friend flowers as a token of my apology, my parents say it's "really uncool to give someone else's girlfriend flowers" (I'm gay, she's in a relationship with a man).

So, I don't think I can take it back...and my parents have shamed me enough.

The last time I said something that offended my best friend, I got her coffee and lunch (this was years ago). Things are a little different this time around and I feel that maybe flowers are saying too much, or saying too little?

What more can I do to apologize beyond a card and my word? (And flowers if it comes down to it).

Maybe take her out to lunch again or a shopping trip plus the card.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

well you have apologised so I wouldn't crawl through broken glass if that person wont expect that your sincere - we all make mistakes and say things we don't always mean. As for the flowers....I personally don't think its too much to send flowers - if here boyfriend gets jealous of his girlfriend receiving them from a gay man then he has other issues - asking here to go for a coffee to let you explain yourself may go someway to make her understand you are truly sorry for your actions - but if she wont talk or listen then I would give her some space for a little while , maybe then she may contact you first when she's ready to hear you out

As long as it is understood that the flowers are part of an apology, it should be fine. You are not sending her flowers to court her. A note with the flowers saying, "I'm sorry for what happened." would be a good idea. It is all a matter of context.

Oh, and send the dog a tube of Preparation H for good measure. [joke]
I bid NO Trump!

Thanks y'all.

She thanked me for the flowers and the card, and we went out bike riding in a nature park near here. Afternoon well spent. Multijump

Glad that you were able to resolve things with her!

Anonymous Wrote:Thanks y'all.

She thanked me for the flowers and the card, and we went out bike riding in a nature park near here. Afternoon well spent. Multijump

Was about to say something and then I see all is good...

yup, the "meaning" of things is a personal matter, even though when something can have a generalized symbolism, it's still abiut the 2 people involved.

Glad she liked your apology gesture.

Do try and NOT make these necessary in the future Big Grin
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

aawww sounds like this hada happy ending