Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual revenge, seven deadly sins and NELSON MANDELA
I know the title seems weird but it makes sense.

A few weeks ago, I witnessed something pathetic on a popular gay dating website: two guys started insulting each other and posted all sorts of horrible accusations.

Things got really nasty and they posted photos, addresses and all sorts of details of each other.

(I actually had sex with both of them in the past but that's another story)

Apparently, those two were in a relationship but things obviously went to hell.

Anyway, this sad episode shows how powerful and destructive resentment can be. It really is a terrible force. The famous historian Marc Ferro wrote extensively on the subject and showed how resentment drove entire nations to war and destruction.

Resentment should definitely be on the list of deadly sins, it is far worse than lust (I don't even consider this one to be sinful) and gluttony.

And this takes us to the late Mr Nelson Mandela. He forgave his captors, united an entire nation and was the exact opposite of resentment.

Mr Mandela was wise enough to know how terrible resentment can be.

The two idiots on the gay website weren't.

Reminds me of something I heard once.............

There is nothing more vicious, cruel, and destructive as the human tongue.

(meaning that humans have speech and use it as freely to destroy, maim, corrupt, and hurt others, as they do politics and weapons)

Reminds me of this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/...california

Quote:The first site allowed users to post sexually explicit photos of people without their permission, and required them to include the victim's full name, location, age and Facebook profile, prosecutors said.

That would typically trigger a torrent of harassing calls and messages. Once a victim realized the barrage stemmed from a photo on the site, they would email a complaint.

"Please help!! I am scared for my life!"one woman's message read, according to court documents.

"People are calling my workplace and they obtained that information through this site. I did not give permission for anyone to put up those pictures or my personal information."

The site would then direct victims to changemyreputation.com, which offered to remove the pictures for a fee of up to $350, prosecutors said.

California Attorney General Kamala Harris said forensic investigators discovered tens of thousands of dollars in payments to a PayPal account linked to email for the site.

"This website published intimate photos of unsuspecting victims and turned their public humiliation and betrayal into a commodity with the potential to devastate lives,” she said in a statement.

Court papers detailed the victims' torments, which were laid bare in their emails to the site.

One woman said she got 100 calls and had to change her phone number. Others were sent lewd photos by strangers.

"My phone has been going off every two minutes with strange men sending inappropriate things to me. It's disgusting," a victim wrote.

This is why I don't allow incriminating footage or photos about me to be had. Even if I love and trust someone today I know I might not tomorrow (and someone else could get hold of it anyway). Too many people think on how they feel NOW, however, rather than thinking ahead, and thus they make themselves vulnerable like this AND they can act on resentment heedless of their own consequences later.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Reminds me of something I heard once.............

There is nothing more vicious, cruel, and destructive as the human tongue.

Agreed, but it can also be said: [COLOR="DarkRed"]There is nothing more sensuous, sensitive, and erotic than the human tongue.
[/COLOR] Smile

MisterLove Wrote:(I actually had sex with both of them in the past but that's another story)
Love, you have many stories we only get hints of! Wink

I imagine Resentment would fall under "Wrath".

Peeps got so much anger, yo. The sad part is that it's probably misdirected. Those people probably hate their parents or themselves more than they hate each other, and they can't get along because they haven't come to terms with their own inner struggle.

Sux.

aww some people need to do some extra growing up.