Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexuality
megumidesu Wrote:for another example , obviously there is nothing at all wrong with being gay . however , if you are a gay man and you a married to a woman , but think that it is okay for you to cheat on her with men because of your sexuality , then you are wrong and i will judge you a whole lot ~

(i understand that some people who are gay do marry people of the opposite sex for whatever reason , but your actions (choosing to disrespect and betray your spouse because of your sexual desires) is not okay)

When it comes to cheating well, god gave you hands, you can use them creatively if you have a strong itch to scratch. No need to go out and destroy your relationship over a temporary itch.

stpdo2 Wrote:... go out and destroy your relationship over a temporary itch.
you wanted a debate

SolemnBoy Wrote:I've always been under the impression that it's impossible to change your sexuality and that it's not the result of any course of action you've made yourself. It's just the way you are and whether it's genetic, the result of your environment or a combination of both, it's most certainly not a choice you once made.

Yet, there are lots of people with different paraphilia that are considered repulsive human beings. But really, aren't they just unfortunate individuals who happened to be born/grow up with socially unacceptable desires? I've never had the "common" hate for paedophiles, necrophiliacs etc. I just kind of pity them because they have urges they can't morally act upon, unlike me who can live my life without having to restrain myself.

Any thoughts?

I'll play devil's advocate: necrophilia and pedophilia are not love. In both cases, the affection is not reciprocal and is unhealthy. Pity, perhaps, but deffs recommend hardcore therapy. Recommend suicide to practicing pedophiles. :mad:

I think that sometimes we have to be careful not to give an inappropriate share of sympathy to or excessively normalise behaviours that fundamentally harm others.

Although I do believe that morals are a moving and artificial concept, I also believe that this attribute does not detract from their significance.

There is a reason why paedophilia is wrong, because the expression thereof harms children, who are ignorant and innocent.

Sexuality is probably something unchangeable, something rooted in childhood influence and genetics, but there is a need for people to behave in a way that is acceptable to others, and that might just mean suppressing or sacrificing yourself. People who can't are simply weak-minded and need to change themselves rather than society, otherwise one should dissociate oneself. I have little sympathy for people who cannot put a barrier between their private mind and their public life.

There are definitely parts of this new way of thinking that puts heavy emphasis on individualism and catering to the individual, rather than catering to the community, which I vehemently dislike.

I'll end with this: Everything apart from nervous reflexes is a choice. You may not be able to choose whatever you FEEL all the time, but everything you DO is a choice.

My mother was 14 when she became pregnant (and thus married) my father who was about age 24.

No one got all up in arms about it. No one tagged him as a pedo, in fact it was pretty much considered ok because he married her. This was I think 1960-62.

Today that is criminal behavior, as in prison sentence type of behavior.

Go back further and you find that women being married off as soon as puberty hits was the 'norm' especially to older guys - the older the better for her so it seems.

At the same time gays were lynched, imprisoned, thrown in mental institutions, given electroshock therapy as 'treatment' for their 'sickness'.

Sooo, we do have generations of our ancestors who made it clear that pedophilia (men on girls) was perfectly natural and fine. Two men doing 'it' wasn't ok at all.

Go back further and you find that the whole young boy and older male thing was also perfectly fine and ok. Catamite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catamite

So it seems that at one point in history or another, things we deem as 'wrong' were deemed ok and normal, and in some cases highly applauded (such as an older man having many young wives).

What has changed is social mores, social attitudes. I do not think human drives have changed.

Hello,
Thew word hate is a strong word and alot of motivation in todays society is to do with the way people have been raised... I would imagen a lot of the people who are classed as pedophiles are like that themselves because they have been abused as a child and it is a behaviour which has been placed into them and they project on whats happenned to them. I would say as far as sexuality goes... We are what we are really... I know i am unable to get physical attraction to a woman and know that the way i am is the way i was ment to be intended to be...

Kindest regards

Zeon x