Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaving
...of the facial kind not anywhere else.

What do people think is best, electric razor or wetshave or disposable or cut throat or double edge or what.

I'm going through an odd crazy experimental stage at the moment trying to find out what works best for me.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas.

newc_student_18 Wrote:...of the facial kind not anywhere else.

What do people think is best, electric razor or wetshave or disposable or cut throat or double edge or what.

I'm going through an odd crazy experimental stage at the moment trying to find out what works best for me.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Well I've only ever used an electric razor. As stupid as it sounds, I'm scared to use a normal one as I've never used one or been shown how to and am scared I'll cut my throat open... and my neck especially is super sensitive. It goes bright red and burns up even with an electric shaver :frown:

Yeah i've only ever used electric.

Except for yesterday when i bought a gilette thingy, and i can't say it's any better, and takes longer. So not seeing a benefit so far lol

I've used both. It takes a while to adjust so if you've never used electric it may take a while. The only thing I don't like about razors is getting cut. But if the razor is still good that shouldn't be a problem.

Wetshave for me. Tis all I've ever done. Gotta say though, it can start working out pretty expensive after a while.. how long do electric shavers last?

I use a Mach 3 most of the time and use a sensitive skin shaving gel otherwise my face goes all red and blotchey. If I use any sorta soothing aftershave baslm it brings me out with an outbrake of spots which is never good! Ive got an eletric shaver but even that burns a little and never seems to work very well. I may try a diffrent eletric razor but the decent ones seem sooo exspensive.

If I shave just after a shower I dont get nearly as much shaving burn

malcs Wrote:I use a Mach 3 most of the time and use a sensitive skin shaving gel otherwise my face goes all red and blotchey. If I use any sorta soothing aftershave baslm it brings me out with an outbrake of spots which is never good! Ive got an eletric shaver but even that burns a little and never seems to work very well. I may try a diffrent eletric razor but the decent ones seem sooo exspensive.

My skin is super sensitive as well. I've got an expensive shaver - got it for xmas from my sister - and it doesn't help - it does just as much damage as my old one. Which shaving gel do you use? I might have to have a try... I just don't want to rip my throat to shreds... is it easy? The soothing balm stuff they do actually works for me... it stings for the first 20 mins but then it starts to feel better. Still stays red but doesn't sting which is always good.

malcs Wrote:I use a Mach 3 most of the time and use a sensitive skin shaving gel otherwise my face goes all red and blotchey. If I use any sorta soothing aftershave baslm it brings me out with an outbrake of spots which is never good! Ive got an eletric shaver but even that burns a little and never seems to work very well. I may try a diffrent eletric razor but the decent ones seem sooo exspensive.

Same as malcs... or it might be a Mach 4 by now??? I have had the same fire red face after shaving but since I started on a good skin care regimen never had a sensitivity problem.

I always shave down with the growth then shave a second time going up against the growth.

I always rinse with warm water then cool to cold water and that seems to help with the irritability.

Smurlos Wrote:My skin is super sensitive as well. I've got an expensive shaver - got it for xmas from my sister - and it doesn't help - it does just as much damage as my old one. Which shaving gel do you use? I might have to have a try... I just don't want to rip my throat to shreds... is it easy? The soothing balm stuff they do actually works for me... it stings for the first 20 mins but then it starts to feel better. Still stays red but doesn't sting which is always good.

I use Gillette sensituve skin gel one, I just wet my face with warm water rub the gel in and leve it a few seconds b4 I start to shave. I shave down to start with then agaist the hair the 2nd time. I sorta taught myself as my dads got a beard so Ive never seen anyone else shave! I do use the soothing baslm stuff every now and again but very very sparingly and not very often as it just seems to bring me out in spots not nice! I prefer the shave of a wet shave a lot smoother.

What a useful topic! No one ever tells you this stuff Confusedmile:

I've only ever gone the wet-shave route. Once with the grain and once against, like some of you. I also have to be careful about skin care since I am prone to rosacea, so the only face product I use after shaving is an aloe vera moisturiser from Body Shop. If it gets out of control it looks and feels very unpleasant, so I'm pretty careful. Thankfully I'm not too rosy at the moment :eek: