Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at Florida gay club
just to clarify that, the guy was obviously mentally ill. but mentally ill does not automatically equal being an evil homicidal maniac. history has shown us people who have done unspeakably horrific things, not all of whom were under what we would classify as mentally ill...

I just don't want to say that mental illness is not an excuse for behaving in any antisocial manner much less this massacre.

this guy was just an evil sick f***. they crop up sometimes and horrify civilized people with their monstorous actions and behavior. An AR-15 just gives them the megaphone to manifest it into horrific action.

No gun control advocate I know of in the US supports banning all guns, although that is the standard hyperbole the gun lobby uses here.

what I meant to say was that mental illness is not an excuse to hurt somebody. sorry if I'm not as eloquent as I meant to be.

thank you for articulating Christ's message so eloquently... shoot the bastards before they shoot you first. that was the spirit of his ministry.

this has everything to do with politics. the news is broadcasting now his father's visits to Washington, posing for pictures in front of the State Department supporting the Taliban? We are carrying on a war in Afganistan. and you don't want to get into politics?

not seeing your logic bro

kindy64 Wrote:Well, I'd rather not get into the politics of this at the moment. He was a "known wolf" to the FBI. Working as a security guard. Failure to connect the dots.

Me, I'll stay armed, in several layers. But it's the mindset you have to instill first. Do you want to live, then most likely you need to stand up and fight. Can't wait for others, can't wait for the police. To many soft targets in the USA to harden, got to harden ourselves.

yeah we have some major holes in the background checks that are done. there's no way he should have been able to purchase a gun. there needs to be a limit to how many guns and ammo you can purchase at one time, I believe the Aurora shooter bought all his ammo from amazon at one time, maybe that will allow for enough time for the FBI to catch on. but for now I will join you and stay armed, if you make guns illegal then there might be a few less shootings but career criminals don't buy guns legally.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Could the united states government have set this up in order to blame someone specific to keep the war machine turning? Just a thought.

axle2152 Wrote:I think the problem with implementing gun control in the US is simply controlling all the guns. Say abolishing guns completely in the US would be very very difficult. Mental health screening might help but still, someone will slip through the system still get a gun and still kill people. Even if you made it completely illegal to own a gun or have a gun someone will always end up with a gun and that someone will almost always be using it on other people. Would it happen less? Probably, but I don't think anyone will be completely satisfied until all heinous crimes are extinguished. There are problems with the system, I think that is very loud and clear and that's just it, there's not a perfect system to keep nutjobs and radicals out of law enforcement or from getting a gun or committing crimes for that matter.

Sad that mass shootings have become the norm here and it is absolutely scary and fucked up beyond belief. Not sure if it is due to social media or if there's just something inherently wrong with society today. I was in 6th grade with Columbine happened and seems that since then it just happens more and more.

Somehow I think it is blind hate. Think Muslims are to blame? I see this crap posted by some friends of mine all most on a regular basis...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...refQuery=/

It is religion-based ignorance, passed on from parent to child, that is the root cause of this massacre. Anyone who tries to pivot to another issue (i.e. Gun control) is purposefully missing the point. These people are telling you why they're doing this. Many of us need to be willing to look past their politically correct blinders.

Beaux

Religion-based ignorance is very common and individualized, people will think what they want to think...hear what they want to hear.

No mental illness doesn't equate to crazy person who's going to shoot up some place or harm anyone for that matter. Then again, people are largely unpredictable anyway.

Honestly though people want something they can place blame on. There's not enough gun control, Muslims want to kill everyone, the government planned this and so on. No matter how you look at it this was horrendous and to think people exist that carry through this crap is boggling and it bothers me. Make me feel like I can't ever possibly live with peace of mind. Let alone find anyone who's going to love me. I can't blame a gay guy for not wanting to be gay. I mean to be targeted, discriminated against and all the negativity that goes with it only to be treated the same way by the gay community...too fat, too old, dick is too big, too small, nsa only, bears only, twinks only. It is very much discouraging. Simply sad that we're pretty much fucked at trying to find love and happiness, or at least I feel that way.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Why all of a sudden do we have more nutcases these days?

This is what I can't figure out (though I have many guesses). There was a time when it was much easier to get a gun, including Tommy guns, but so few mass shootings (the deadliest school massacre in the US wasn't even done with a gun), even in times of hardship. ETA: also worth noting is that violence in general has been going down since the early 1990s, while the number of mass shootings have skyrocketed.

And it's not just them. People shoot each other over the dumbest stuff, like not getting enough FREE hot sauce packets from a fast food place (when they could easily go in and get more), another shot the one who told him to pick up after his dog (which meant he probably never saw his dog again, and his dog may have been put into the pound if no one else could care for it--or serve someone as a reminder of his evil deed), and one that really baffles me is a man who was accidentally hit by a snowball--he KNEW it was an accident, the boy apologized, he walked home (meaning he had time to calm down), got his gun, went back and murdered the boy and then calmly turned himself in now having destroyed his own life (in addition to the lives of others) over a damn snowball that hit him by accident!

WHY? It's not only monstrous, it's so mind boggling stupid!

At least I think I've figured out (not to be confused with learning to sympathize with) the why people can feel so moral from murder, that is they can feel good about their own morals while murdering strangers over things as trivial as sexuality (but it's rather depressing).

In order for a gun user to justify his or her owning a gun he or she needs to look at a very very rare situation. Home invasions is the usual answer. Most all home invasions happen to rob the place and steal valuable things when the home owners are not at home. Most thieves are smart enough to not rob a home when the family is there or whoever is the owner. . Most gun deaths are accidents. Like a child finding the gun in moms purse then killing her. I guess owning a gun means a lot to some people.

JohnMusic Wrote:Could the united states government have set this up in order to blame someone specific to keep the war machine turning? Just a thought.

no. and no.
''Do I look civilized to you?''