Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I make it clear from the start?
OMG… I'm sorry for spamming. I thought my post did not be approved. How do I delete the comment?

iamdukenguyen Wrote:OMG… I'm sorry for spamming. I thought my post did not be approved. How do I delete the comment?

You can never delete or edit it. I couldn't tell you why.

And I just learned what a potato queen was. And sticky rice. Go go Urban Dictionary :p

iamdukenguyen Wrote:OMG… I'm sorry for spamming. I thought my post did not be approved. How do I delete the comment?

Just remember that your first 50 posts may be delayed due to the nature of this site. It is a way to sort out trolls and spammers.

After 50 posts things will be different. Just be patient.
I bid NO Trump!

Nothing wrong with liking what you like, man. I would -never- consider myself a "potato queen" but I am attracted primarily to white guys (the not hairy variety, yeah?) Be kind to yourself and stop calling yourself names. Smile

I think you really hit the nail on the head in something you said earlier, though.

iamdukenguyen Wrote:It is hard to find a white guy in Hanoi. Not many white stay here... for the ones who stay (normally 1 year or a bit more), they prefer the short-term relationship and spend time with the buddy.

These men know they are only there temporarily. They don't -want- a long term relationship, and they don't want to become attached because of this.

I would say that means this isn't so much your fault as it is just how things are where you live, yeah?

So the key here is to either broaden your horizons a bit.. OR move somewhere with a higher Caucasian population.. OR settle for what you can get (which is going to be short term relationships) and accept from the beginning that they will never be more than that.

Well I can relate to both of these things, at least the younger me can. There is good advice here that I can't really add to except to say that you may not always feel as you do now, if my own experience is any indication.

I had pretty rigid characteristics that I "went for" but then started to see that the aesthetics I found attractive existed in guys of all races, even if they weren't predominant. And, like you, I had to learn to modulate my expression of affection, especially in the beginning, because guys found it off-putting. I don't mean to trivialize your experience at all, just know that you are not alone, and that you will get better at this stuff with practice!