Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign petition to reduce foreign aide to Uganda for passing Anti-Homosexual Act
Uganda has passed a law called the Anti-Homosexual Act (previously known as the "Kill the gays act") Americans are sending $470 million to Uganda every year. Our money is going to support the people who are condemning LGBT people to life in prison and possibly death. It also imposes prison sentences on people who don't turn in gays to the authorities. I want the US to cut it's foreign aide to Uganda by at least 15%. If you agree with this, PLEASE take a moment to sign the petition I created to President Obama.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...n/ZGSX4fS9[/url]

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I really doubt a petition is going to change anything.

Even if we assume it has the power to, you need to study the specifics of the foreign aid money. Uganda is a very poor country - if foreign aid is reduced as a punishment for their anti-lgbt legislations it could potentially result in increased poverty and casualties - depending on how the money is currently being used. Decreasing foreign aid is not a decision to make hastily; it requires a lot of research.

Whilst true, I do not like children, I don't hate them, and a large chunk of this aid goes to help feed, clothe, educate, provide health care for Ugandan Children.

So, no... Yeah sure a lot of gays will die, but sacrificing innocent children to save lives is way too psychopathic for even my sociopath/psychopathic tendencies.

Denying aid that granted a lot of it never makes to the poor and needy because that Government is Corrupt, does not actually punish the government, it punishes people who are already down on their knees.

Two wrongs never - never, ever, never, ever make a right. Sorry.