Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single, Caucasian, American living in China
Hey guys! My name is Roy and I am a 29 year old ESL teacher living in China. I currently live in Harbin, but I am moving to Zhuhai at the end of August. I am looking for chat, friends, or more. I look forward to your response.:tongue:

Hi and Welcome :-)

Hi Roy welcome to Gayspeak. Confusedmile:

welcome to gay speak

Hello Roy, Welcome Xyxwave .

Does ESL stand for European Sign Langauge? Like ASL - American Sign Language?

I can be a bit obtuse sometimes, so sorry if that's like totally off the mark Roflmao .

Smile

QueenOdi Wrote:Hello Roy, Welcome Xyxwave .

Does ESL stand for European Sign Langauge? Like ASL - American Sign Language?

I can be a bit obtuse sometimes, so sorry if that's like totally off the mark Roflmao .

Smile
ESL stands for English as a Second Language. Most high schools where I live have ESL classes for students who don't speak English.

There was actually a study done- it seems that a lot of men who study linguistics and languages are gay, though they're not sure why.

Finding straight hobbies is hard. =\

It might mean English as a Second Language too, LaQueen... :tongue:

Hello Roy and Welcome to GaySpeak (huanying zai GaySpeak). I've heard of Harbin but not of Zhuhai, in which province is it?
How long are you going to be teaching English in China for? My mother did a stint of three years around 1998-2001. in Hunan... How many students have you got in your classes?

WheresTheLove Wrote:ESL stands for English as a Second Language. Most high schools where I live have ESL classes for students who don't speak English.

There was actually a study done- it seems that a lot of men who study linguistics and languages are gay, though they're not sure why.

Finding straight hobbies is hard. =\

I think it might well be something to do with brain structure... Women are supposedly the ones that are clever with words and so if our brains are a little closer to female brains than the average hunter male's then there's your answer. It could also come from the fact that many of us are in some form of caring industry, which, again, needs linguistic and social skills.

ESL is English as a second language, the other members were correct. Zhuhai is in the Guangdong province and is located at the border to Macau and a 2hr coach ride to Shenzen or a 1hr 10mins ride to Hong Kong on the ferry along the Pearl River Delta. Smile As for students, I have roughly 150 students that I teach each week between all of my classes put togethor.