Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin care advice
So my skin is bad.
I get these like dry patches in my face. I do the bad thing and scratch it away, and then I get red patches.
It itches.
I tried using a moisturising cream yeasterday, but seems like my skin became worse. It's called Spenol, and is Norway's most used moisturising cream. But that doesn't mean it works for my face. It's good for the hands and the dry patches I sometimes get on my elbows when having sat rested on them for awhile :p

I'll probably go see my doctor again and get him to send me to a skin expert.
Or maybe I'll see if I can find a spa thing in town xD Or someone that can at least help me get better skin.

But what else?

Ibex Wrote:So my skin is bad.
I get these like dry patches in my face. I do the bad thing and scratch it away, and then I get red patches.
It itches.
I tried using a moisturising cream yeasterday, but seems like my skin became worse. It's called Spenol, and is Norway's most used moisturising cream. But that doesn't mean it works for my face. It's good for the hands and the dry patches I sometimes get on my elbows when having sat rested on them for awhile :p

I'll probably go see my doctor again and get him to send me to a skin expert.
Or maybe I'll see if I can find a spa thing in town xD Or someone that can at least help me get better skin.

But what else?

Have you tried argan oil?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argania

It has been very effective in treating psoriasis. I'm not suggesting that is what you have but it could possibly help you. If you can't find it locally you could order it on line.

In spite of being called an oil, it is not at all oily. I use it at night and it leaves no residue on my pillow.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't use soap on my face, just rinse ell with water and rub with bare hands.

You might try rubbing in a very light coat of petroleum jelly after you scrub. Simple and cheap.
I bid NO Trump!

To some extent you're limited by your genes. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't eat healthy, hydrate, keep your skin clean, exfoliate, and most of all, moisturize. Use a sunblock outside.

Not all moisturizers are created equal, and not all work the same for everyone.

LONDONER Wrote:Have you tried argan oil?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argania

It has been very effective in treating psoriasis. I'm not suggesting that is what you have but it could possibly help you. If you can't find it locally you could order it on line.

In spite of being called an oil, it is not at all oily. I use it at night and it leaves no residue on my pillow.

I use Dove Dry Oil Beauty Bar with Moroccan argan oil, it's a bar soap that I buy on Amazon. I'm outdoors a lot, and last winter I started getting all these dry, flaky patches on my face that drove me nuts. Moisturizer seemed to make me break out. This stuff helped a lot. I wash with it twice a day, and I love it.

firstly (as I had to ) you may need a steroid cream to firstly settle your condition down...but after that I use a product called E 45 emollient face wash (available in UK chemists , not sure about other country's ) I also use non perfumed pure soaps - but the big one for me is a product brand called Aveeno - they have a big range of products .....my neck shaving area was terrible and raw but I use this after a shave and its been a god send - initially my doctors and hospital were very poor giving me weak steroid creams etc - I bit the bullet and paid private and the strong steroid cream she prescribed cleared it within 5 days - I'd been visiting my gp and hospital for 2 years with it - she told me to use Aveeno prdoucts to keep on top of it and its been several years now and its perefect...
Also if you have asthma and/or hayfever you are prone to one of the skin conditions too so its sort of the unholy trinity mate - if I can give other advise just message me

So as you guys know, I live in Norway.
It's damn cold here atm, below 0. And that temp is hell for the skin.
What to do with that?
I bought this from a store:
https://www.bulldogskincare.com/original...iser-100ml
Anyone got anything to say about it?
Don't think it has made my skin worse, but not better either. Still have those bad dry spots in my face, which are red af.

My dad told me that these creams shouldn't have water in them. Though that some is alright.

Like the UK then bloody keeps dropping below 0 too.
I take meds to keep mine in check, I'll find out the name of it if you want.

I drink a whole 2ltr bottle of water a day and that also seems to help.

I could drink more water.
Do tell me the name of those meds [MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION]
I take vitamin suplements. But according to Adam Ruins Everything, supplements are bullshit. It's better to eat fruits and vegatables.

Fruit isn't to good for you in big amounts either BTW lol