Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small town girls or big city boys?
MisterTinkles Wrote:You mean a big city boy who wants to settle down in a small town, filled with big beary daddies, and you are the only "fresh meat" in town!!!!

Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl

Oh shiet, you found out.

Kenny221 Wrote:A big city boy who wishes to become a small-town boy and meet a small-town man. Big Grin

Nah wah mi a fi tell you bout man inna de spring a ya life dat?

Carry on so and unu fi see man pon de miggle ah it!

So No men till 21 my lil Asian son :p

LOL 21 takes too long.

I've lived in a small town for the majority of my life. One plus is that you know nearly everyone in the town... yet at the same time, that's also a downside. You really can't get away with anything or have your own privacy. Still, I enjoy small towns more than large hectic cities.

Technically, I was born in Houston, but my first memories are in a town so small that many maps don't even list it, and it has no city government (everything is county, and there isn't even a regular newspaper for the county). Then I got went back and forth between the 'rents and Granny, the 'rents living in the outskirts of Houston (technically it is, and the city limits were always expanding, it's probably well within them by now).

Rural East Texas (aka "Behind the Pine Curtain")...I found a lot of freedom growing up and generally didn't have to worry about the law (deputies did raid a keg party I went to when I was 14--in a dry county and you had to pay to get in so would've been illegal even if we hadn't been a bunch of minors--but it was out in a pasture and I, like most others, got away, considering the raid to be the highlight of the party). But that comes with risks, too, got really sick when I fell into a flooded creek and swallowed some of the water before I got out (lucky not to get snake bit when I was a good half hour away from anyone at least) and Granny found it cost efficient (maybe she even believed in what she was doing) to just dose me with whiskey in honeyed tea so that I pretty much slept through it. I drank a lot of untreated milk from cows which I now hear is dangerous but I never got sick from that at least, and it was delicious compared to store bought milk. My favorite was collecting berries for homemade pies. I was the focus of a lot of absurd gossip, including by adults, which got me shunned but that gossip also earned me acceptance by the more interesting people so I'm glad for it. The cinema was well over a half hour drive at least (and that was when my cousin ignored the speed limits) and sneaking into an R-rated movie was impossible for me without help as they (the only cinema I ever known to be that way) kept a close eye on you.

And I could go on, but it's complicated to explain it all.

In Houston I found it much easier to fit in, there were far more flamboyant people to demand people's attention so I was left alone with my friends (comparatively anyway, a few liked to give me a hard time). There was some irony but it's too long to explain. Having learned to skateboard in rural East Texas where the roads were crap I found I was very good at it with the pavement and made friends among others who shared that interest but lots of people, including the police, always seemed ready to give us a hard time about it. The 'rents were neglectful so I didn't have support as I did in East Texas. Predators (human kind) were more dangerous in the city and I had some close encounters. But at least cinemas were in walking distance and it was easy to sneak into R-rated movies.

All in all I'd have lived with my Granny in rural East Texas, however, at least growing up. But it's not just because of the rural vs. urban thing. It's complicated.

I was born and grew up in a city that is big comparing to other cities in my country with more than 600 thousands inhabitants. Then I lived in London but it's enormous. Now I think about moving to Prague or Berlin. They are big enough to be vibrant but not overwhelming.

Um.... I was born in a big city - I don't recall that.

And until a couple years ago I thought I spent my childhood in California until the Fontana Police ripped me out that house and sent me off to my father for two years.

However someone who was doing a deep investigation of me, also did a deep investigation of my mother and discovered that my mother (therefore me) lived in Montana, Arizona and various other places - chiefly small towns. Also discovered mother had more than two marriages and other interesting stuff....

Due to the circumstances of my extended family (a cult really, not real relations) and the amount of abuse I received, I do not recall much between the ages of 8 and 14... And when I say not much I mean perhaps a total of ten minutes of real time I can access from that 6 year period.

I lived on a farm/homestead situation with my father who 'went back to nature' - no electricity, well ran to the house via buckets... And I have lived in major cities, San Francisco and Las Vegas are two that you may have heard of....

I prefer rural living - the more rural the more I prefer it...

From where I sit there is nothing good about cities, well aside from the fact that they hold most of the human population in a manner that is not really imprisonment, but close enough to where I don't have to look at the majority of humanity in the face....

I guess I'm one of the rare people who never moved away from the place where they were born. I was born in Oslo, it's not huge, but still fairly large city.

In between.. I live in a very small city with an elderly and aging population, that is steadily regressing as the old die off and no one replaces them.

Some interesting facts are that my city is at the centre of the 3 great lakes, with locks that connect water ways for boats travelling through them, most people used to work at a big plant here that makes steel (late at night I've been woken up from explosions/vibrations that they always say is large amounts of water accidently hitting hot slag!) - though it's been making less of that and employing less and less people, and despite few opportunities for youth, we have both a college and a university, which cooperate together and with other institutions which mean our college has degree programs and our university has coop programs...Case in point: I attend the college but am actually in a program from another university that is just being hosted there...

After school I'm moving to a neighboring city that is the largest in the province.

I was born in a small town in alabama and live in an even smaller town in georgia (southern usa).
I crossdress openly and have been treated warmly by most. Sadly, my romantic opportunities are limited but I'm keeping the goods out there.

Butter