Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking...
I started at 14 and have now smoked for 22 years, my partner has just quit so i'm hoping it will spur me on to quit but I can't imagine life without a ciggie in my hand at the moment.

sox and cityu my mum and my nana loves smoking.same. i like smoking but i not smoke becase i not wont to smoke but i llike it.

I tried to quit a few days ago but I failed. I even was using the patch. I despise it and I want to quit so bad but I'm hooked on them. I am going to try again. They make me feel sick. I am not sure if my face feels dry because I used a new soap because it usually never feels dry or if it's my anti-oxidants leaving my skin meaning I'm about to get wrinkles. I really hope not.

Does anyone here know the answer: If I quit smoking in a few days and start using moisturizer like Olay, can I delay wrinkles? I"m really cared of getting deep wrinkles. I am going to look for some lotion and put it on my face because this is scaring me.

I quit using chantix, which is the prescription drug that blocks your brains nicotine receptors. You take it for 2 weeks while continuing to smoke, and then quit. The stuff works. At the two week mark I was so over smoking that I really couldn't wait to stop, as they did nothing for me any more.
If you have depression, or any other mental health issues, stick close with your doctor, because there are a few side effects with the pill that can be pretty bad, but for me, other than some really wild dreams it was good.

Good luck

gaygay33 Wrote:Does anyone here know the answer: If I quit smoking in a few days and start using moisturizer like Olay, can I delay wrinkles? I"m really cared of getting deep wrinkles. I am going to look for some lotion and put it on my face because this is scaring me.

[COLOR="Purple"]The first thing a dermatologist will tell you is that cigarette smoking will most def bring on the wrinkles at a rapid rate.

Your skin will take care of itself it is not hindered by chemical or environmental damage. I suggest the end to smoking, if you can, and anyone with enough determination can quit, be very gentle to your skin (NO rough stripping it of its naturalness) and follow a regimen that works and is not all full of rubbish.

I was very lucky to find Dr. Hauschka many years ago. It is from a German company and very diff from from skin care lines. At first it may seem expensive but in the long run, with the very small amounts you use, it turns out very cheap and very effective.

If you are interested in any details send me off a PM.

Most of the stuff sold covers the issues and does not address the skins natural ability to heal. Dr. H. does address your skins natural healing process. The instructions actually say to use as little as possible while the others tell you to smother the stuff on.

Good luck in the fight against killer tobacco and wrinkles Bighug [/COLOR]

Thanks,
I am really p/o'd. I tried to quit a few weeks ago but failed at it. I am going to try again for November 1. I just want to stop this terrible habit. I smoked for 6 years, quit for 8 and now I'm back at it. It's almost been a year since I started smoking again.

I will send you a message. Is it a cream? Do you know if it's possible to reduce the chance of premature wrinkling if I quit now? I think I can feel the wrinkles starting to develop, is it too late? My face seems like it's a little itchy. Do you think that's the first sing of wrinkling or maybe the cold weather?

I don't want my lungs to be black, don't want to be full of wrinkles and don't want to be short of breath. Also I don't want to get cancer or anything. I'm going to give it another shot.

I keep feeling my face. I feel like my antioxidents are leaving. I hope that this will make me quit. I just can't have any cigs in my sight. I really wouldn't mind if there was a ban on the sale of cigs, it might actually be good.

I haven't had a cigarette since wednesday week. Which is a LONG time, guys!! I'm going mental. But i'm so determined to quit i don't let my italian flatmates tempt me with their dirty rollies.

I found the perfect way of quitting: i told my friend i'll give him €100 for every cigarette i ever smoke again. And now i really really really don't wanna smoke. And i'm quitting very successfully. I don't even get the urge when i'm drunk anymore.

Good times Big Grin

I guess I'm lucky that I'm allergic to tobacco, I tried smoking once and I was miserable for days. If there's anything to be allergic to I guess tobacco is the one lol, no temptation to do it.

I am working with a person who is trying to stop smoking, this with be her second attempt. The second time around is harder for her, she enjoys smoking but still wants to stop. She only started again because she was in a stressful job, now her changing jobs has helped but lacks the willpower to stop.

While on youtube I found this, its the late Irish comedian named Dave Allen. He give his views on smoking, some might relate to it.

I wish I was allergic to tobacco. But I am quitting in 19 minutes, at 12:00 midnight. I have two cigaretts left and then I'm done. I'm scared of gaining 100 pounds so I am going to eat pretzels and go on a no fat diet.

I have about 14 nicotene patches so if it gets bad I'll use them, it's just that I'll miss the smoking part, but i'm reading scary stuff on it and i feel bad for my lungs. They shouldn't have to suffer anymore with smoke!