Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So am I the only person scared of the dark?
Briefly, no. Like Cridder I sleep in a completely darkened room Even if I have to get up in the night to go to the bathroom, I never turn the light on.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I recommend watching a fun flick to loosen you up...

Have you seen
"Midnight Meat Train"?

How about "Hostel 1through 6?

"Saw"?
Have you seen those?

You're not scared of darkness itself, you're scared from what might be hiding in it. Since there's nothing hiding in it, the fear is kind of irrational. right?

You'll be more scared when you'll see your light bill after sleeping with a night light all the timeBig Grin

I don't mind being in the dark, but I'm never in complete darkness. My living room faces a highway, so even with the blinds closed, a little light comes in, just enough to give some perception of where things are.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm not really a big fan of the dark. As someone mentioned, the dark itself isn't scary but the fact that I don't know what is there is unsettling. I remember if I watched something scary or read/heard something scary during the day when it was time for bed I usually would sleep with the TV on a timer so it would stay on until I was asleep. I'm not bothered much by it now but that's only because I sleep with my partner next to me. If he wasn't there, it would probably be the same as it was before for me.

My eyes are highly sensitive to light...The darker it is, the better for me.

Edward Wrote:You'll be more scared when you'll see your light bill after sleeping with a night light all the timeBig Grin

true statement there!

I've embraced the darkness.

I'm petrified of jogging at night. I don't know how people do it. If you're talking about just going to sleep, then no.

I'm not afraid of the dark, but I am afraid of sensory deprivation. I need stimulation to avoid a fission meltdown of my brain. But call me goldilocks, I don't like things too intense either.