Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is bothering my younger cousin
So as I was on the way to my new home, I heard tale of an incident involving my young-ish cousin (He's 11) and some other boy. Said boy was trying to follow him into the bathroom stall and has been creeping on him for a while apparently. I hear of people coming out earlier and earlier, and whether he was curious or not it doesn't matter. No matter how old you are you DO NOT force yourself on someone. Period. Luckily, my cousin told his mom and got it sorted, but I have a feeling my cousin needs an explanation of what was going on.

Edit: People are thinking I'm going to talk to him about it rather than his parents. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

Edit 2: Holy shit, Fuck off about "Let his mom handle it" That's what I'm doing! Fuck.

If 11 year old cousin needs an explanation then that is the place of his mother to decided and act on, not yours Wink

It matters very little if you are right or wrong about the matter.

As I see it, he told his mother.

I agree with you, the situation should be explained to the boy.

You have to let the parents parent and in this case trust that she will do the right thing.

If anyone outside the family involve themselves they are interfering and undermining the mother's ability to parent.

I hope you see it that way too?

dfiant1 Wrote:If 11 year old cousin needs an explanation then that is the place of his mother to decided and act on, not yours Wink

It matters very little if you are right or wrong about the matter.
I have no doubt that she will talk to him about it and I wasn't suggesting that I would.

Sounds vague… did this other boy actually force himself on your cousin or just follow him into toilets… whats to say its a sexual thing ?

Do you really think your cousin needs an explanation… about what ?

I remember age 11 and that would of creeped me out also.. But that is his parents job and some parents don't know how to approach this . So I feel for him and his parents.

partis Wrote:Sounds vague… did this other boy actually force himself on your cousin or just follow him into toilets… whats to say its a sexual thing ?

Do you really think your cousin needs an explanation… about what ?
Idk what happened exactly but I still worry. I just don't want him forming a prejudice is all.

No no no, all wrong you're going about this.

First of all, unless they're in there studying the anatomy of each other's penises, I would not be concerned. And you're right to be concerned if it is serious and if so, offer your advice where you can, but it'd be ultimately the parent's job though. Especially if it has anything to do with sexuality.

Seeing as how you aren't anyway, I just say good on you for looking out for him.

I'm always on my siblings tho, any other kids try to encroach on my pseudo-babies and my mouth will word-step on some pre-teen, teenies. Sheep

I think your jumping to conclusions without really knowing what happened.

You started off by saying "you heard a tale" and thats exactly what it is. From what you've said there is nothing to suggest it was sexually motivated. This is how rumours get started, then people jump to the wrong conclusions and someone gets hurt.

Maybe he wanted the kids lunch money, maybe it was some bullying, who knows. You don't.

The kid told his mon, the issue is dealt/being dealt with. I would leave it alone or you may find yourself the one in trouble.

ObW
X

The young boy likely didn't know what he was doing either, I feel that it's important that someone explains the concept of personal space, respecting the privacy other others, etc to that boy, and talks to him about his emerging sexuality and how to handle it... but that's not your job.

In addition, consider that this might not even be a homosexual related matter; younger kids do really creepy things that seem sexual sometimes, but actually aren't. My brother was spooned by someone when he was younger, and the child in question was constantly bullied and ridiculed all through elementary school for being 'gay', when in fact he wasn't (I believe they were playing a ridiculous make belief game and my brother was a yoshi, so yeah you can imagine that didn't help him to fit in). A lot of weird things happen with kids, and the point is, is that there's no real way of knowing for sure what happened based on a story you hear.

Also, unless you have an intimate part of your cousin's immediate family life, there's not a lot you can do.

But, if you want to stop him from developing a prejudice, be the absolute best cousin you can be. If he sees that you're a good guy, and you're gay, just by existing you're suggesting that gays aren't bad people.

Hope the boy leaves your cousin alone.