Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something we will never get over
That's so heartbreakingly awful, I'm so sorry that you both had to face such a horrific, cowardly act. Sad

@ CellarDweller - Yes, over the years we have opened our hearts to several four-footed family members. About six months after Ginkmo's death, we adopted another cat (Pumquat....seen in my photos) and she lived with us for 17 years. Then, after Pumquat, we rescued a small terrier dog named Cheyenne and he was with us 17 years. Then, after Cheyenne, we rescued two dogs named Monkey and Frappy. Sadly, Monkey passed away from a mysterious ailment when he was only five years old, but Frappy is still with us. Obviously we love animals. In fact, we are both vegetarians and donate money to animal shelters whenever we can.

@ CCRox - I think it's really important that older gay people like myself write down their stories so the younger generations of gay people will know what it was like back in the day. I've been writing a blog all about Spider's and my life together, sharing stories of what it was like being a gay couple in the early 70's and being in an openly gay L.A. rock band in the early 80's. I'm not the best writer and my stories kind of jump all over the place and right now I'm mainly writing about Spider having liver cancer and how we are coping with that, but if you click on the archive, you can read about all of our adventures (past and present days). My blog is on Tumblr and I write under the banner of my-life-on-parade. I also share pics and music we have composed. Actually, I would encourage all gay people to write about their experiences either in a blog or a personal journal. After all, we are all playing an important part in the history of civil rights.

@ Everyone - Thank you all for your comments and well wishes. I am so glad I found this website as I've been made to feel right at home with all of you. Sending big hugs to everyone!

Michael

I'm not sensitive but I shed a few tears .

I must thank you for going through that hardship as even though it was a rough time it has helped future generations and will continue to help future generations.

I'm sorry you had to go through that Sad Thank you for sharing this memory.

That was so heartbreaking to read. I'm so sorry. Bighug

What an awful, cowardly thing to do. Sorry you had to go through it.

When people in a society get together and dehumanize a whole sub-group of people who are different, and then demonize them --- there is no end to what evils they are willing to commit towards the ostracized group.

Here are some examples of the anti-gay propoganda from the 1950's & 1960's:

We Have Elvis !!

Thats so fucked up