Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I feel like I'm less gay because I don't fit every stereotype
Most of my friends are straight men. I hate fashion, materialism and cattiness. I cannot stand pretentious gays who judge everybody by what they look like.

A gay stereotype is a tool invented and used by ignorant straight people to demean others. It's okay to be who you are and define yourself.

That's just who you are. If I enjoy digging holes I am not suddenly a dog. If you do not enjoy shopping you are not suddenly straight. Not judging people by what they look like is an admirable trait, for the most part. I'd be proud of that.

how does having lots of straight male friends, . being fashion-challenged (not really sure what this means), non-materialistic and or catty make you feel "less gay?"

Have you been living under a rock? Did you NOT just read about Michael Sam coming out? He's gay and not sure he's catty, materialistic or a fashionista?

Sounds to me like there's something else going on here than your personal "perception" of what it means to be gay - and it's NOT any of the stereotypical things you listed - it's because we know in our heart-of-hearts that we are only attracted to men.

BTW: Acting Str8 dosn't make you NOT WANT a man any less!

Arkansota Wrote:Most of my friends are straight men. I hate fashion, materialism and cattiness. I cannot stand pretentious gays who judge everybody by what they look like.

I get what you're saying cause I've met and been around those said gay
folks you just referred to before, but aren't you making assumptions and judgements
yourself by saying those things?

I mean in this Forum alone we have a pretty diverse group of gays. That
should already tell you something..

Hey,

So you are an individual who isn't narrow-minded.
That's great :-)

So why worry lol?

Homosexuality is being attracted to one's own sex. The rest is individuality, micro-culture, and societal "noise." Be whoever you are. Smile

[Image: 1794796_415083768637055_1166312783_n.jpg]

if you're feeling "less gay" because you don't fit certain stereotypes, then you are falling victim to the homophobic propaganda that would have you think that gay men should "act" a certain way

you have every right to act how you please and gather with whom you please.

don't worry about it and live your life.

Fuck all that shit. Just live your life.

Edit: ... like everyone else said.