Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonic.exe may contain small spoilers
This is like the 'Ring' equivalent of Sonic the Hedgehog. Bad way of describing it I know but the only way I can think of.

Basically about a year ago some (psycho) came up with this hack of the classic Sonic The Hedgehog game where Sonic has changed in a seriously disturbing and sickening fashion. Let's just say he isn't as friendly and nice as he used to be and is quite dangerous in this twisted version of Sonic.

I haven't even played the game, I've only seen the Youtube videos and tbh just watching the youtube videos messed with my mind. It was a mind fuck all right. Sonic is not the lovable cartoon character you think he is anymore! He's a monster!

Apparently some Ring style curse has been attributed to Sonic.exe by the creator but I don't believe it for a second. Even so the video is so disturbing I would find it very difficult to play on Sonic again. I had nightmares after just watching the youtube videos. I also felt strangely depressed watching the playthroughs too.

It's quite bizarre. anyway has anyone else heard of it? How did you respond to it if you've seen it? Has anyone played it properly?

I don't know about Sonic.exe specifically, but it just sounds like a creepypasta to me. Thus, unquestionably a work of fiction. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/creepypasta

Eh...? Strange, I dont fancy it and want to remember sonic as the lovable blue fuzzy butt that he is.

Yes it is a creepypasta. Thing is it stands out as so much effort has gone into this one. Don't get me wrong I don't believe for a second its real. I know its fiction but because its so disturbing and freaky it has a strong psychological effect on the viewer sometimes, especially if you have fond memories of Sonic as a kid. I just felt strangely depressed watching it.

Hmm... can't say I've seen it, but the idea kinda reminds me of that Pokemon Black & Majora's Mask videos with the whole creepy backstory added to them. Some people have lots of spare time on their hands Laugh