Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sox and the swine flu??
Yup. I have officially been prescribed Tamiflu. As yet my symptoms are not particularly severe but i'm basically out of action for the forseeable and have the knowledge that my porridge-like immune system probably won't be able to hold off complications.

Does this make me the first on GS to officially be medicated for swine flu??

Moreover, is this an accolade i want??

I have just been talking to card about it in chat......my work may have an outbreak, im not feeling 100%.......im scared. My mum says a dr from work told her to try avoid tamiflu if you not that bad as this may come back arounf in a year or 2 and if you build a natural defence now then if it gets worse then maybe next time the tamiflu will help. I dotn know tho as ither ppl say if you have it and you dont take tamiflu within 24 hrs you can die...... im confused.

That's a scary thing. We in the Army get so many vaccinations we typically don't have to worry about catching whatever is going around but I'd be petrified if I thought I had swine flu. That being said brother I hope you are ok and it turns out its just regular flu.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Does this make me the first on GS to officially be medicated for swine flu??
Possibly not, depending on your definition. At work we were issued with Tamiflu in May, so we had it "just in case". As I travel a lot with work, and it isn't always easy to find a doctor when away, I've got it in my travel pack to self-medicate if needed.

Hey Sox, Hope you make a quick recovery if you do have it!

The ginger Harry Potter guy had it for a few days and said it felt just like a normal flu.

It's enevitable that we'll all eventually get it at some point between now and the winter when it's predicted to reach it's peak of about 100,000 new infections every day! :eek:

[Image: swine_flu.jpg]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

albabonzai Wrote:I have just been talking to card about it in chat......my work may have an outbreak, im not feeling 100%.......im scared. My mum says a dr from work told her to try avoid tamiflu if you not that bad as this may come back arounf in a year or 2 and if you build a natural defence now then if it gets worse then maybe next time the tamiflu will help. I dotn know tho as ither ppl say if you have it and you dont take tamiflu within 24 hrs you can die...... im confused.

I wouldn't worry too much. Tens of thousands of people have had swine flu and very few have died of it, or indeed become seriously ill. For the great majority its the typical flu, unpleasant as it may be, a mild viral illness.

I think that you have received garbled messages regarding Tamiflu. There is no evidence that taking Tamiflu makes you more (or less) likely to get flu in the future. That said everybody who possibly has a mild dose of swine flu doesn't necessarily need Tamiflu, we managed to get through regular seasonal flu without Tamiflu. As for the 24 hour thing I have no idea where this has come from, although certainly in theory if someone is going to take Tamiflu they ought to do so ASAP.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Apparently, given my underlying health problems, it's better for me to get it now than in winter. I actually love my mum so much, she's taken carer's leave to come look after me.

All this cos i'm a bit fluey...

Tell you something though, i don't much appreciate the vomiting and diarrhoea, and this headache can just fuck right off, i've got resit exams to work for. I really don't have time for swine flu right now.

What's really ironic is that now i'm officially out of action for awhile and can't leave my house, let alone the country, my brand-spanking new passport arrived in the post. Proof that God has the wickedest (and that's definitely a word and not just something silly i made up) sense of humour of them all, i think.

Sorry you got the flu dude! Part of me wants it just to be like meh I've had it. Im not really worried at all if thats odd? :O But anyway hope you get better soon Big Grin xxx
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Winter is almost over here and we've only managed to amass a 100 odd cases.Get well soon sox,I'd imagine the N1H1 is no party.

Get well soon.