Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spend money on EXPERIENCES, not "things"
People who spend money on experiences instead of things, are much happier:

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/people-...er/983208/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yup happy memories don't expire, decay or lose their shine.

Having said that I am a souvenir hoarder. I love surrounding myself with objects that remind me of my experiences.

I just spent the weekend experiencing the wonders of: John, Jack, George, Mick, Harry, and a drag-queen named Noxzema.

Those experiences will be with me for a lifetime!!!!

Just kidding,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I just spent the weekend experiencing the wonders of: John, Jack, George, Mick, Harry, and a drag-queen named Noxzema.

Those experiences will be with me for a lifetime!!!!

Just kidding,
Jimeroooo

Yeah, we believe you were kidding!!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Yeah, we believe you were kidding!!

In reality,,,, I've done everything (and everyone!!!) that I have had an interest in. Nowadays, I live a rather boring life and enjoy the simplicity of being a home-body.

However,,,, I would find a conversation with someone named "Noxzema" to be quite titillating... (smile).....

Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

Why can't we spend money on both?

My friends and I try to do one big event together a year. And I spend a crap ton of money on my hobbies of books games and comics. Live both sides of the spectrum and it will take you further!

For real. I needed to read that. It fits lots of things I've done so far in my life and makes even more sense when I look at that reasons I'm working so hard now. It's not own things, it's to be able to do things.

Let's see if I got this right. Don't own your boyfriend. Do your boyfriend. Is that it?

I was talking with someone last week about "life" and why I am happy....

...and I AM happy....in large part because I got to meet and spend time with some of the coolest people on the planet.....and it is why I loved the job I had....

...and I met ALOT of them...I still do-I am not shy :biggrin:...I feel wealthy inside because of it...even people here on this site have enriched me....

I like my memories more than any possession I have...

I still do want to travel South America though. We had lunch and spent time with my BF's two Costa Rican Nieces today and they said there was a promotion in Costa Rica last year where they could fly round trip to Peru for $100.00. DAMN

I agree. I'd rather spend my money on a once in a lifetime trip to an
amusement park with my closest friends than to drop it all on a new
flat screen.

Pain or joy. I wanna experience it all before it die. Its all life has to offer me.