Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sushi!
No thanks. Barf

for a vegetarian more then disgusting.... dead fish and raw... barbarous :eek:

awww... but...but its...good :frown:

Mrmatty376 Wrote:awww... but...but its...good :frown:

and I think its healthy, too :-)
it´s a matter of habit... here some of the elder people eats raw pig-liver :eek: or cooked lungs and kidneys :eek:
I eat celery salad ... many people can´t eat because its very slimy.... or german radish.... it stinks like hell like sulfur or better rotten eggs

:-)

I love sushi and sashimi! (except roe)

I like sushi but I wont' eat the raw fish variety even though I like it...I Know that the parasites mostly live in freshwater fish which I would NEVER eat raw but after seeing the disease people get from eating raw freshwater I get creeped out thinking about it.. I eat sushi alot...my favorite is eel and I like the vegetarian varieties with avocado...they have one called the California Roll here which I like...I think I like the ginger and wasabi sometimes more than the sushi.

I love Sushi too.

My favorite sushi restaurant is situated right across my office. So I go there often. I usually go there by myself or with my colleagues.

The restaurant gives their regular customers with loyal redeem card. Spend 30 bucks above and you will earn 3 stamps. You will get free meals once in a while. Once you have completely filled the card with 15 stamps, you can play Spin the Wheel. The main prize is a voucher worth $120.

I played four times. Proudly won the $120 voucher three times :biggrin:. I used those vouchers to treat my colleagues.

I don't think I've ever tried it. I will someday though

I might if it was raised either in a lake or in a fish farm and IF that fish farm was ecological friendly. Most of it still appears to be produced by the vast fishing industry that is plundering the wealth of the sea.

The definitive answer came down after several decades of questioning the health of our oceans in 2003. 90% of the oceans large fish are gone since 1950. That was nearly a decade ago. I'm willing to bet that we are looking at 92-94% of the oceans big fish are gone - perhaps a wee bit more since I'm certain in the past decade we have gotten more fishing boats out there to rape the oceans faster, harder, deeper...

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-05-14/tech/..._s=PM:TECH

I stopped eating fish out of the Atlantic when the grave reports of high levels of mercury started circling in the 1980's. Well I didn't stop, I just cut down to once a month.

I did stop eating any fish from the gulf when the BP 'spill' took place. Not because of the oil, but the idea of eating Corexit didn't appeal to my tastes. And here we are two years later and they are seeing the damage that Corexit does: http://news.firedoglake.com/2012/04/19/m...-disaster/

Oh sure BP isn't going to take blame, the FED won't change the laws on the use of Corexit... Europe knew better.

That last bastion of the Pacific also appears to have its plastic bit which fish in the pacific gyre have been dining on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacif...bage_Patch

So I cut down to one monthly dose of plastics in my fish and chips several years ago.

I stopped eating sea food altogether after Fukishema started dumping radioactive materials into the atmosphere and the pacific.

Plastic is ok to get a dose of once in a while, radioactive cesium, strontium, potentially plutonium and uranium - No thanks, I think I will pass on that.

I turned to fresh water fish, oh I don't know 15 years ago? I thought that since humans drink from fresh water supplies that they would be more mindful of what they do to the fresh water supply.

I was wrong.

I can no longer fish out of the river in back of property. Go walking along the banks of the river and they have signs telling you to not eat the fish (they are toxic) - and dire warnings about swimming as well.

Yearly they spray for mosquito and for the water hyacinth: http://www.protectyourwaters.net/hitchhi...acinth.php

Officially they say they are not spraying for the water plants - but I find it kind of odd how the water hyacinth and other plants turn brown about a week after the spray boats go up and down the river spraying for 'mosquitoes'. Officially Corexit isn't bad for the environment either - Ask the Gulf. Officially.... I think officials love to lie.

Of course it probably doesn't help that I live in the state that produces 55-60% of the food that the USA consumes. We have fertilizers, roundup, pesticides and God only knows what else sprayed and dumped on the soils that leeches into the lakes, rivers, streams and make their way through the delta, out the bay out to sea.

Sushi - most likely one of the best treats of the 20th century. However we now live in the 21st century where the ocean is taxed to the breaking point, not only through over fishing but through various novel ways humans have decided to poison them.

I'll pass on fish - raw or otherwise.

Huh, I just asked if anyone liked it... >_>