Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot Cards
Sui Wrote:*returns from out of nowhere* whoa... what happened.... think I dozed off and I'm in some alien world that somehow resembles a forum I used to visit.... Wink

I'm a tarrot reader myself, and (as far as people have told me) I've been completely accurate every time :tongue: not to brag, but... apparently I'm very good at reading tarrot.

Uhm... if you're looking to learn, I highly suggest getting the Rider Tarrot Deck which comes with a booklet explaining the meanings. From what I hear, Rider is the most accurate, more reliable deck out there :biggrin:

Yes, well, Sui, where have you been all this time?

I guess Tarot Cards, like many tools, give varied results depending on the skill of the person doing the reading ...

... like the same ingredients might make a beautiful cake, or an ashen biscuit, depending on the culinary skills of the baker ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Sui Wrote:*returns from out of nowhere* whoa... what happened.... think I dozed off and I'm in some alien world that somehow resembles a forum I used to visit.... Wink

I'm a tarrot reader myself, and (as far as people have told me) I've been completely accurate every time :tongue: not to brag, but... apparently I'm very good at reading tarrot.

Uhm... if you're looking to learn, I highly suggest getting the Rider Tarrot Deck which comes with a booklet explaining the meanings. From what I hear, Rider is the most accurate, more reliable deck out there :biggrin:

I would agree that GS has become somewhat otherworldly in so many ways Wink

but I hate to disagree. I got that Rider Deck and hated it... kept getting bad messages... and hated the booklet Cry but to each their own...

I went looking for a couple books and couldnt find my tarot guides but I did find the other book I was looking for "The Joy of Gay Sex" :biggrin:

I have all my notes from my guides written in a binder along with blank pages for readings and decades of past readings.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:How interesting to find fellow readers on here. Guess most of what i have to say has already been said.

Shame.

Guessing, then, that fjp is a devotee of reversals?? It's odd, becuase when i was given my first deck i was told in no uncertain terms NOT to use them with it. The reason being that all the meanings are contained within the card anyway, and reversing the image would distort the wisdom of it. With my other decks there is no issue but with this i have always heeded the advice and always have a clearer understanding with this deck than with any other.

Suppose i'm asking for any thoughts there??

It has been so long ago that I started studying but I cant remember well if I ever read not to use reversals or not??? suppose there are many schools for tarot???

The cards that I have trouble with are the people cards. Are they people or events or???

Shadow Wrote:.... and am I right in thinking that everybody has a card that represents them ?

There are several cards that represent you in fact.

1. Your Soul card. This card stays with you your entire life. It represents your Soul's journey during it's current stage of incarnation. It indicates why your Soul is here in this life. To get this card you add up your birth date until you bring the number down to a figure between 1 and 21. For example if your birth date is August 15th 1980 then you add 08 + 15 + 1980 = 2003, then add 2 + 0 + 0 + 3 = 5. Soul card would be 5 in this example.

2. There is your personality card which is devised in the same fashion but by adding the letters together in your full name (including middle name). IE: A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on.

3. There is your year card which is similar to your Soul card except you are adding your birthday to the current year instead of the year you are born. This card represents your year ahead and should be devised not from January 1st but from birthday to birthday.

voice Wrote:There are several cards that represent you in fact.

1. Your Soul card. This card stays with you your entire life. It represents your Soul's journey during it's current stage of incarnation. It indicates why your Soul is here in this life. To get this card you add up your birth date until you bring the number down to a figure between 1 and 21. For example if your birth date is August 15th 1980 then you add 08 + 15 + 1980 = 2003, then add 2 + 0 + 0 + 3 = 5. Soul card would be 5 in this example.

2. There is your personality card which is devised in the same fashion but by adding the letters together in your full name (including middle name). IE: A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on.

3. There is your year card which is similar to your Soul card except you are adding your birthday to the current year instead of the year you are born. This card represents your year ahead and should be devised not from January 1st but from birthday to birthday.

Ok NOW my interest is peaked ... piqued ? (sp?).

Anyhow.

So ...

1) 23 April 1978 = 23 + 04 + 1978 = 2005. 2 + 0 + 0 + 5 = 7.
2) After MUCH much counting I've come to 179.
3) 23 April 2008 = 23 + 04 + 2008 = 2035. 2 + 0 + 3 + 5 = 10.

So I've got Soul = 7; Personality = 179; Year = 10.

... does that mean ... anything ... ? :redface:.

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Ok NOW my interest is peaked ... piqued ? (sp?).

Anyhow.

So ...

1) 23 April 1978 = 23 + 04 + 1978 = 2005. 2 + 0 + 0 + 5 = 7.
2) After MUCH much counting I've come to 179.
3) 23 April 2008 = 23 + 04 + 2008 = 2035. 2 + 0 + 3 + 5 = 10.

So I've got Soul = 7; Personality = 179; Year = 10.

... does that mean ... anything ... ? :redface:.

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Personality = 17 (1+7+9).

So according to your numbers and the Marseilles Deck

Soul Card = Chariot - A journey at a crossroads with destination to be decided upon the outcome. Only through your self exploration and ability to adapt can you choose the path that will lead you.

Personality Card = Star - Your ability to connect and establish interactive relationships based not just on what you see but how you perceive the person or situation to be is utmost. You tend to "gaze off" fluctuating between that which is the now and which is soon to be. But both have relevance in your life's choice. Not one to judge you choose based on your outward experiences and that which speaks to you intuitively.

Year Card = Wheel Of Fortune - What goes around comes around. The karmic forces are focused on your year ahead and whatever you have reaped in the previous year you are now about to sow. This could be good, but it could be bad, But remember however you deal with it this year will result in an outcome. But this year isn't just about what is to be due to your past actions. Be true to yourself because if you miss the boat it might be a while before the next one comes along.

SERIOUSLY insightful stuff !!

I shall have another read of it when I get home tonight and reflect on how it relates and applies to me ... thanks so much babe !!

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

voice Wrote:There are several cards that represent you in fact.

Oh , that is interesting! i ve done something with numerology ..was quite accurate. Could you find what cards represent me if iis not too much trouble of course..hope i dont start something that will make you counting everyone's cards hehe :redface: Anyway my scores are:
Soul card: 2
Personality card is a bit more complicated for me as greek alphabet is different from the English so i got two... . Doesnt it have to be the Christian name i was given not how the short cut or nickname people use to call me right? so...
I got Greek letters score: 202 =4 and Latin letters: 236=11 Split personality? :biggrin:
Year card: 6

spotysocks Wrote:Oh , that is interesting! i ve done something with numerology ..was quite accurate. Could you find what cards represent me if iis not too much trouble of course..hope i dont start something that will make you counting everyone's cards hehe :redface: Anyway my scores are:
Soul card: 2
Personality card is a bit more complicated for me as greek alphabet is different from the English so i got two... . Doesnt it have to be the Christian name i was given not how the short cut or nickname people use to call me right? so...
I got Greek letters score: 202 =4 and Latin letters: 236=11 Split personality? :biggrin:
Year card: 6

No problem Smile

Soul Card = 2 - High Priestess; The feminine principle and duality. The High Priestess personifies both innocence and spirituality. That is to say your Soul is innocent in this life of malevolence the lessons learnt in previous lives by your Soul should be used to teach and educate those who are yet to learn these. Patience, understanding and hope is what your Soul has to serve in this lifetime. But it also implies the separation and isolation of the independent person.

Personality Card (if you are Greek then that is what you should use) = 4 - The Emperor; Personifies materiality and the material world. This seems to be in contrast to your Soul card which is interesting. An Emperor can be a leader who blesses and encourages rather than offer nothing than criticism, he will be a protector who understand limitation and acts wisely (read again your Soul card) or he can be a tyrant with no sense of boundaries or justice. Based on your Soul card you'd do well to heed the positive aspect of the Emperor else your Soul's journey in this life will have been for nothing.

Year Card = 6 - The Lover; Again this card seems to tie up well with the previous two so it is pertinent that you ask me about your cards. The Lover is indecisive who has a choice to make. Will you be wooed by the temptations of the flesh (that which satisfies your most material desires not necessarily just sexual)? It is an easy road to take with short term gains but not necessarily long term satisfaction. Or will you choose the more reliable, dominant choice of what could be safer and dependable? It is easy to succumb to that which offers you instant gratification for the sake of material pleasure, but the choice to take that which may not have instant appeal today (in the here and now) could offer you dependability. The decision is a hard one because both come with their cautions.

Lets see if I got this right?

02-11-1962 = 1975 = 22 = 4

Soul = 4 thus Emperor - Balance & authority, mind over matter, experience & knowledge. Forgiveness is admitting sins. A controlled person who relies on his own intellect. Not easily influenced. Someone who is well respected & holds a position of authority. Can have versatile abilities; important to retain inner balance.

236 = 11

Personality = 11 thus Justice - Someone has investigated the situation concerned & the decision is fair & just. Stick to your guns, dont be influenced by persuasion. You should have learned to do what you feel is best. All things being considered; the right decision has been made.

02-11-2008 = 5

Year = 5 thus Hierophant - Sense of originality. One not afraid of undertaking new ventures or exploring & has an open mind. Possibility of someone who listens to new ideas & programs. Dont be afraid to speak your mind, do what you think is best. Go ahead & have the courage of your convictions. New & refreshing vibrations coming into your life. Openmindedness & frank outlook in life.

So voice, a lot of this makes great sense to me just now... Just wondering what your analysis would be and if you could shed any further light beyond what I am feeling :biggrin: thanks :biggrin:

p.s. gathering that my next year will be the 6 thus the Lovers... can you add that to the mix?

p.p.s. So when doing a reading, I am guessing one would take these cards into consideration. And when doing a reading, such as the Celtic Cross, do you remove those cards? Do you use those three cards as one put into the position of the first card - the card that covers you?