Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Champix Challenge
Just got back from my doctor and have my first months supply of Champix.

I'm ready to quit smoking mainly for health reason, but also because I am spending 10% of my weekly income on smokes.

The health reason, I have had a couple of heart scares in the last few months, not many people know about that because I have kept that quiet and the scares were nothing serious, just a wake up call.

So I will be taking my first tablet in the morning with my quit date being 31st December.

Yeah I have heard the stories about interupted sleep and nightmares, but better to HAVE a nightmare than to live a nightmare with cancer or heart disease, which I guess is probably something that has already began since I have been an almost pack a day smoker for 33 years.

I'll keep you all posted and hope to see others who will join me in saving money and preserving their health and we can face this challenge together and support each other along the way. Bighug

Congratulations! Good luck with quitting, and remember to gather a lot of support from people, It would surely be easier than going it alone. Big Grin

Thanks mate, appreciate that Wink

Having never smoked a fag in my life, I have no idea how it feels to give up.

But I wish you all the best... *hug*

Thanks mate. It's not easy and it is as much a mental battle as it is a physical battle dealing with nicotine withdrawl. It is kinda like having your hand chopped off and then put on a pottery wheel and told you have to make a vase. It can be done Wink

Perhaps.... lock your self in a shed with a couple of crates of lager... and remain drunk for a week... you might come out with another vice... but atleast you have kicked the fag's Wink

Wash you mouth out with soap and water....NEVER giving away the FAGS Wink

Maybe I should quit the cigs and meet MORE Fags Tongue lol

I see what you did there... you referred my Fag reference to them gayers...

yeah, bloody poofters

Takin over the world. Pfft