Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fag FLAG lol
thats why my flag says made by the homosexuals of the world

I saw a student with a brightly coloured rainbow bag this afternoon. I asked her where she'd bought it. Had she bought it locally, I'd have gone and bought one for my lovely Marshlander... i'm sure he'd love it. Sadly she bought it in the south of France... I won't be able to find such a bag locally.

ooooooo

princealbertofb Wrote:You're right Frankie Pie, I was SHOCKED to see how much stuff is imported from China and bears an American flag or name (for keepsakes, souvenirs etc...) It's just not the same when something so patriotic is MADE in CHINA!

[COLOR="Purple"]There was a bit of a scandal last year or maybe two years ago... Folk can call their rep in Washington DC and have a flag mailed out. Well, you guessed it... they were mailing out government USA flags with a "Made in China" tag.

buttttttttt I have been watching Prime Minister debates and the same things are being talked about over here as in England. It really was like déjà vu... One mentioned about bringing back manufacturing as everything was being made in China!

Another thing caught my attention. No taxes taken out for first £10,000. That is just over $15,000 and I am pretty sure that is poverty level over here... so of course there arent any taxes taken out... but ya probably can get a bunch of benefits if youre just on that kind of salary! When I was running my own biz in San Francisco and my costs were greater than my salary I only had to pay Social Security taxes at the end of the year and that was a pretty small amount.

anyways... that déjà vu was pretty interesting = the world really is very connected Poke2 [/COLOR]

Indeed; I wasn't implying that anywhere else was making its own souvenirs, it just struck me in the United States. I remembered a time when you could actually buy American things Made in the US.

frank who do you think was the best primemimsiter for in england.

joseph Wrote:frank who do you think was the best primemimsiter for in england.

It is very hard to say joseph... I know you want someone to tell you who to vote for but I really dont know the system over there... maybe the new guy, the third party one, but maybe he cant win??? sorry Remybussi

fjp999 Wrote:... Another thing caught my attention. No taxes taken out for first £10,000. That is just over $15,000 and I am pretty sure that is poverty level over here... so of course there arent any taxes taken out... but ya probably can get a bunch of benefits if youre just on that kind of salary! ...
For the last few years some of us have had considerably less than that to live on. I've never found the benefits system particularly accessible, so I just try and get on with it and keep on paying taxes, National Insurance and NHS charges for prescriptions, dental treatment and regular visits to the optician. If I could afford to rent a place to live, maybe I would be able to claim housing benefit? It all feels like the first application for an Equity Card :frown: I'm lucky my father and my partner are both such tolerant people. Xyxthumbs

yes i wonted one what helping peple . i

marshlander Wrote:For the last few years some of us have had considerably less than that to live on. I've never found the benefits system particularly accessible, so I just try and get on with it and keep on paying taxes, National Insurance and NHS charges for prescriptions, dental treatment and regular visits to the optician. If I could afford to rent a place to live, maybe I would be able to claim housing benefit? It all feels like the first application for an Equity Card :frown: I'm lucky my father and my partner are both such tolerant people. Xyxthumbs

[COLOR="Purple"]sooooooo how much does one pay in national/federal (whatever ya call it) for under £10,000???

When I had to do taxes on Yoji Ino, USA, the greatest fashion house in the world, and the smallest Tongue3 , never seeing a profit, soooooo it was considered a "self-employed" thing for me. The $0 or minus yearly salary put me into the cat of free tax prep support but it was hard to find someone who wanted to do a "self-employed". Fortunately I had all my receipts (usually many many more than necessary) and good book-keeping... and I just had to pay the minimum Social Security taxes which were like $300/year...

I could have applied for lots of benefits but it just seemed like hell in the San Francisco offices. The small Pennsylvania city offices are really comfortable and the staff are really nice. They have made the process very easy - but of course would rather be healthy and back in San Fran or Tokyo making great MensWearArt Party [/COLOR]