Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fascinating diaries of Cecil Beaton
Some on here might remember him as a society photographer and his diaries, complete with photos, gives some insight about what he thought of the people he photographed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/ar...paign=1490
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Interesting observations....

...guess he didn't like Liz's big boobs muchBiglaugh I have always wondered why she was deemed the most beautiful woman alive? I have no bias or like/dislike of her one way or the other...I just have never really understood the distinction

East Wrote:Interesting observations....

...guess he didn't like Liz's big boobs muchBiglaugh I have always wondered why she was deemed the most beautiful woman alive? I have no bias or like/dislike of her one way or the other...I just have never really understood the distinction

I don't think that you can doubt the fact that she was extremely beautiful when she was young. Those stunning violet eyes! Didn't think she could act though in spite of her role in "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf". In my opinion she was best in "Cat On a Hot Tin Roof" when in my opinion, basically she played herself.

I certainly wouldn't say she is ugly at all but the most beautiful woman in the world? I thought maybe it was because I was gay that I missed the defining quality?

East Wrote:I certainly wouldn't say she is ugly at all but the most beautiful woman in the world? I thought maybe it was because I was gay that I missed the defining quality?

I don't think that it has anything to do with one's sexual orientation. You're probably attracted to a totally different type of man to one who attracts me so it's very much a question of personal taste.

LONDONER Wrote:I don't think that it has anything to do with one's sexual orientation. You're probably attracted to a totally different type of man to one who attracts me so it's very much a question of personal taste.

Yeah...you are right I think. I was trying to think of who I would deem the most beautiful woman and back then I would have said Lucille Ball...but part of the beauty (for me) was she made me laugh