Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is a gay lobby in the Vatican
I read this article the other day (Im in the midst of job changing having returned to the UK, so rather too busy to be on here as much as I have been...)

Anyway, I think the use of the word lobby is a little misleading (even if PF did use it) Its more of a gay society where they all sleep with each other, or are open to blackmail because of their sexual preferences.

Should we be surprised? Absolutely not. There have been secret societies for as long as the church has been in existence.

ObW
X

Yeah.
Heard about this a while ago.

Now that knowledge of it has become more common, it seems all of the churches problems are going to be blamed on it, and by extension homosexuality a lot more often.

"Homosexuals in the Church trying to destroy it from within!"
*sigh*:frown:

The church's problem is that its over a thousand years old, and part of its appeal to many people is that it stinks of 'tradition'.

God as a concept is supposed to be immutable, unchanging... The Church represents God thus should (in the eyes of many) be immutable and unchanging.

However humans are evolving socially, especially in the last couple centuries where slavery has been abolished, women are seen as people instead of property, the race barriers are being broken, the insane are seen as sick instead of demon-possessed. Children are no longer property to be worked hard as cheap labor...

The church has to rethink its position when society changes, and it always lags behind the evolution of society. Its faced with trying to keep 'tradition' while at the same time mature and evolve with human society.

It is difficult to use a 2000+ year old social manual and apply it to the modern social scene. The bible advocates slavery, ownership of women, and all of this stuff which humans are attempting to put behind them.

God has been slacking, He hasn't been sending down new prophets to address this new world.

Modern Catholics are ahead of the church in many areas, divorce, contraception, gay rights, but then the laity have always been ahead of the curve - just now its not a death sentence to side on the side of heresy :tongue:

Nailed it.
Exactly.

LONDONER Wrote:I'm not confusing either. It's just that there have been so many cases of paedophilia within the Catholic church that have been reported in all types of media, even cases of know paedophiles being given sanctury within the Vatican.

Look at this:

https://www.google.es/webhp?source=searc...80&bih=925

He was a man who regularly denounced homosexuality until he was outed by three young priests that he had abused. OK, that's not a case of paedophilia but there have been plenty of cases.

Homosexuality leading to paedophilia will continue to exist as long as the totally inhuman rule on celibacy exists. Many priests are in a unique position in that they have regular access to young children and they eventually succumb to the temptations of the flesh in the only way that they can get it without being found out (or so they think), using their power over their young charges and false words: "This is between us and God, so you mustn't tell anyone."
Point taken, Londoner... This celibacy thing is probably what's causing all this discontent and loneliness. It's rather unfair if you ask me.

It's not just unfair, it is totally against human nature to demand that someone anyone submit to the dictates some idiot who himself dresses in women's clothes.

Women's clothes? What on earth are you talking about? Wink

The Catholic Church is full of hypocrisies, it should stop trying to force its view of what is right and wrong on the masses.

princealbertofb Wrote:Women's clothes? What on earth are you talking about? Wink

All those elaborate robes they wear in the Vatican

What they wear is not the issue, their narrow minded and at times dangerous views are. Their stupid views on condoms being a case in point. I have no problem with them having these views but their attempts to force impressionable young minds not to question the way they lead their life is. The Catholic Church needs to concentrate less on sex and more on helping the majority of poor people in the world, that would get my respect. (Yes I know they do help the poor but seem to focus more on sex and morals.)