Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This guy...
So there's this guy and we've been flirting online and by text for a while now and I asked him to be my boyfriend after a couple weeks of getting to know each other. He lives about 50 miles away, or about a 2 hour drive(by bus). Neither of us can drive, he turns 16 in a month, and i can't get my license until I'm 19... He works a lot of a farm/vineyard so I have no idea when he's free or not and I really want to meet him somewhere:/ anybody have advice?

Newbie1021 Wrote:So there's this guy and we've been flirting online and by text for a while now and I asked him to be my boyfriend after a couple weeks of getting to know each other. He lives about 50 miles away, or about a 2 hour drive(by bus). Neither of us can drive, he turns 16 in a month, and i can't get my license until I'm 19... He works a lot of a farm/vineyard so I have no idea when he's free or not and I really want to meet him somewhere:/ anybody have advice?

If you are going to meet someone off the internet, for safety purposes it should be in a public place, choose a restaurant or mall or something in a place somewhere between you two. Also, be sure to tell at least one person where you're going, you don't have to tell them exactly why.

SAFETY first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be immature or stupid about safety because being safe makes you more attractive to real men who are worth your effort! Be safe! HAVE FUN!!!!!!

meet half way in a public place, setup for a date, see a movie meet at a coffee shop
dont lower your standards
condom and lube

if its the first time you meet would it matter if you both took along a friend ? or be dropped off my a family member etc who gets to meet this othe lad ? , always make sure you have a picture too that a parent or friend can have too - ask him to email you one if he hasnt already, if he makes excusses about this then think why !!! i hope he's a genuine lovely lad for you but always take care - dont let your heart rule your head just yet - gd luck though

Before you meet him, chat on video first to make sure tht he is who he claims to be, safety first Smile

I say... DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again, Im deadly against meeting people online.

It's too easy to take simple steps to make it okay. Times have changed. Be responsible and GO FOR IT! I totally LOVE the suggestion of video chat because it is FREE and easy to do. G+ is a great way to do it to...simply have a 'hang out' with him. You can arrange to use a webcam at a local internet cafe for free or next to nothing for a few minutes just to meet. Let us all know how it goes!!!!!!!

Please play it safe , meet in public tell someone where you are going.
Have a friend or family member at the place you meet, they do not have to be next to you.

Before you meet get a photo and his address to be on the safe side.