Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny Houses?
You CAN live in a small place if you're on your own, an you're the minimalist type. I can do that, but some others can't. And if you plan to have a family, you might want to switch to someting bigger afterwards...although (Latino speaking here, for a lot of us it's not rare to have your extended family in one household) I've seen large families very well organized is small places when needed.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Very good points. I can definitely see it being suitable for a lot of bachelors, anything more may be a challenge. Being of a Latino background myself, I can relate. At one point it was myself, two siblings, my parents, grandfather, aunt and uncle, plus their daughter. Fun times! Rolleyes I am glad to be (somewhat) on my own now.

I like watching the show about people buying them. It's interesting and some are really beautiful. I think it's funny it's apparently a big trend though... I live in a tiny studio apartment, which is just a less exciting version of the tiny house.

There is a Portlandia episode about this. I've been camping many times, with multiple folks in a little space, and the use of space is often ingenious, but if it rains for a few days, it gets old. I'm not sure I could adapt to that being my life... sometimes you just want to be able to close a door and be alone.

Emiliano - Yeah, its seems to be an overnight craze but I can dig it. Really makes you think how much living space is necessary for daily life. I have been thinking about getting a studio, but I never made the tiny house connection haha. Make sense.

ShiftNJ - I love that show! Only seen a few episodes but its great. I have never gone camping but it sounds like fun, definitely something I'd like to try at least once. Being alone is something I get though! Need time to recharge.

GMYT16 Wrote:Emiliano - Yeah, its seems to be an overnight craze but I can dig it. Really makes you think how much living space is necessary for daily life. I have been thinking about getting a studio, but I never made the tiny house connection haha. Make sense.

ShiftNJ - I love that show! Only seen a few episodes but its great. I have never gone camping but it sounds like fun, definitely something I'd like to try at least once. Being alone is something I get though! Need time to recharge.

Camping can be fun, unless you go with someone who snores. There is no escape!

As for the tiny houses, I've seen some that look pretty nice, wouldn't mind it myself. It's quite a cosy way of living. Think I would find it difficult sharing such a small space with any more than one person, maximum. Even that might be difficult sometimes.

I live in a tiny flat and I hate it! Mind you, if it was totally sound proof I wouldn't mind so much. My last flat was too big and I didn't realise how much clutter I actually had until I moved in here.
I should never have sold the ancestral Castle! Sigh Rolleyes
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I would definitely suggest to anybody who is considering buying one of these that you rent an RV for a month or more and try to live in it, with the same person(s) you'd be sharing the tiny house.

Cridders88 Wrote:Camping can be fun, unless you go with someone who snores. There is no escape!

As for the tiny houses, I've seen some that look pretty nice, wouldn't mind it myself. It's quite a cosy way of living. Think I would find it difficult sharing such a small space with any more than one person, maximum. Even that might be difficult sometimes.

What if you're the one who snores? :eek:

Bookworm - Sounds like you had a nice setup before. Noisy neighbors are definitely a pain. I imagine it could be quite drafty in a castle Cool

ShiftyNJ - Renting an RV...another idea I've considered. Nowadays they seem so fancy.

Think I'm starting to see a consensus...though I can't say I'm surprised! Biggrina

Unlike a regular home (which is built on a permanent foundation) that retains & increases in value over the years, most tiny homes do not. The tiny homes that are built on a trailer platform will loose value just like other trailer homes do...

When purchasing a place to live in for several years,,, it would be better to buy something that will retain it's value and hopefully give you a profit when you decide to sell and move elsewhere.

Old moneybags,,,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!