Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiny Houses?
ShiftyNJ Wrote:I would definitely suggest to anybody who is considering buying one of these that you rent an RV for a month or more and try to live in it, with the same person(s) you'd be sharing the tiny house.

that's actually not a bad idea.

I've seen the show, I want more room.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I like the craftsmanship in the tiny houses, but some are quite expensive. I have seen some on TV that are around $40,000. and others that are as low as $16,000. Still seems like a lot per square foot.
It's rather strange to see what is equivalent to the trailers of the late 1940's and '50's make a comeback.
When I was a toddler my dad towed our 21foot trailer with his Packard, he worked construction and followed the work.

I love the innovation and smart use of space. I would consider living in one I suppose...never thought about it before. I have watched some TV shows that featured these homes and it is a great use of space in an increasingly overpopulated world...

I am embarrassed a little to say...my biggest concern is for my "collections" LOL...letting go of them would be my biggest concern...

Unless someone plans to live a solitary life all their lives, these places are just not realistic. How do you entertain friends and family? How many people don't collect things over time that have meaning to them? Even if you are not materialistic, we all still own things that have importance to us, that represent our lives.

there is no place to hide from zombies in a tiny house.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:there is no place to hide from zombies in a tiny house.

Easier to defend though?

My wife and I live in a mobile home, it's about 800 sq. ft. We also have a 135 lb. dog. It (the home) seems plenty large enough.
TBH, living in a tiny house would have one major draw back if living there with another person, we all like some alone time to j/o, none of us really announce that we are going to choke the chicken, we slip away and do it.
It would be difficult to slip away in 2 or 300 sq. ft. of living space.

Darius Wrote:Unless someone plans to live a solitary life all their lives, these places are just not realistic. How do you entertain friends and family? How many people don't collect things over time that have meaning to them? Even if you are not materialistic, we all still own things that have importance to us, that represent our lives.

Well, in our case, we aren't trying to build the "tiniest" house. We plan to concentrate on making homes that are small enough to discourage clutter but enough room for the things we love.
Like with ANY "new thing", there are people who take it too far, and they are usually the people (and homes) that make the Internet and the news.

~Beaux

Darius Wrote:Unless someone plans to live a solitary life all their lives, these places are just not realistic. How do you entertain friends and family? How many people don't collect things over time that have meaning to them? Even if you are not materialistic, we all still own things that have importance to us, that represent our lives.

Oh this is all easy for me

My family can go suck it for all I care and I don't have friends...maybe the one.

I am the opposite of a hoarder, so no big issue there. I don't need much of anything

Nope, I don't take emotional attachment towards objects.

Then again, I might just be an oddball.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Butterfingers, I lived in a 900 square foot apartment for years and it was certainly adequate. I would not call it tiny at all. I can see 800 sq. ft.

I think that having a tiny house as a retreat would be great. George Bernard Shaw had a writing shed. I think he was on to something.
I bid NO Trump!