Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Daley comes out as gay
MisterTinkles Wrote:Do blonds "come out"?
Do green eyed people "come out"?
Do people who breath oxygen "come out"?

No because they dont need to. The blonde hair, the green eyes, the breathing oxygen... all that is evident since the day your born, but you dont come out with a rainbow flag or hot leather pants!

Ands whos wallowing in this. Im not. Though i do get some peoples hostility, i GET that its dumb.

This is quite rare here.

And it makes a nice difference for a young popular good looking british sports star to reveal his love for a man as the last guy to do it was a rugby star who hit every branch when he fell out THE UGLY TREE and is just annoying too.

NeedTips Wrote:Most of us already knew he's gay, yes gay, he just isn't fully ready to come out so he'll play the "bi" thing. He's still a teen though so I'll give him a break. And I'm not saying bisexuals don't exist, but for some boys you just know who's really bi and gay.

Maybe he is say that he is bisexual because it is true ?

I said in an earlier post that it would be interesting to know who his friend is and speculated that it might be an older person. Well, according to an Internet search, the person is Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black who is 39 years old.

Dustin Lance Black won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay in 2008 for iconic gay civil rights film "Milk" that starred Sean Penn.

He is a founding board member of the American Foundation for Equal Rights which has been the forefront of gay marriage in the US.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hikari Wrote:Maybe he is say that he is bisexual because it is true ?

Yeah, maybe, but I just have a strong feeling he's truly gay and so do many others but whatever only time will tell.

Inevitably there has been adverse reaction. I found this on the Internet after having seen it on the BBC news this morning:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/35401...-Tom-Daley
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

There is more nastyness over bisexual people than us gays and some gays get pretty nasty over it. He is only 19 with Diving and his school work and A Levels he has only recently had the chance to explore the more personal side, of his personality.

He is being honest, you have to admire him for that.

I suspect though he ended up saying what he did the other day on webcam because some of the tabloids were going to run their usual intrusive stories. As the Sun seems to be a little organised on their front page this morning, to have been following Tom Daley.

Bisexuals tend to seem to get more bad reactions because more people seem to be unable to understand life is about shades of grey and life is not always black and white. I think more bisexuals are scared of coming out more than gay people.

LONDONER Wrote:Inevitably there has been adverse reaction. I found this on the Internet after having seen it on the BBC news this morning:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/35401...-Tom-Daley
I read a lot of shit on buzfeed. Some people are brainless...

NeedTips Wrote:Yeah, maybe, but I just have a strong feeling he's truly gay and so do many others but whatever only time will tell.
Or maybe the time will not tell anything. It's his own business at the end. And "the strong feeling he's gay" Do you know him personally? LOL. Stereotypes...

I support this guy, I think he was very brave.
I think people like him or Orlando Cruz are an inspiration for the youth, and maybe even for someone like me, a little older.
Now I want to see him win some important medal ahah.

It seems to me that he's using bisexuality as a transitional identity, but I could be wrong.

Arkansota Wrote:It seems to me that he's using bisexuality as a transitional identity, but I could be wrong.
And there is nothing wrong with that Smile

ObW
X