Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traditional Razor or Electric Shaver?
All my life I've always used an electric razor. I guess no body showed me how to use a traditional razor and I was afraid of cutting my neck over, plus I got an electric one for xmas when I was 13 or something, so I decided to stick with it.

Well last week I finally plucked up the courrage to buy myself a proper razor. I got a gillette power fusion or something - gotta say blades are expensive - BUT my skin has never felt so goooood afterwards before. Usually I get really sore and my whole neck goes bright red with the electric razor. With the traditional razor I get a very close shave and no pain afterwards. I'm very impressed, even if it did cost me both my arms and a leg to buy the razor, blades, shaving gel and moisturiser, VERY well worth it, I'd say!

So what do you guys use to shave? Electric or traditional?

From my teens,I started out with a hairclipper of all things.Moved to a Phillips electric shaver but it wasn't thoroughly effective so I moved to my cursent shaver,a Gilette Mach 3 and I have never looked back.It's an amazingly close shave and leaves my beard defined.

I use a gillette fusion :biggrin: sometimes ill run the electric razor over after ive had a wet shave just so that my skin is that extra bit smoother, but on the whole i much prefer the traditional shave Confusedmile:

Gilette Mach 3 Turbo or Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium are my razors of choice.

Only ever had a cheap old electric razor and never got on with it.. put me off electric razors altogether.

Yes the blades are expensive... but you can get a few uses out of each balde, so a pack lasts a while... depending how often you shave... I usually only shave 2-3 times a week... but's that's more laziness than anything.

Smurlos Wrote:....
Usually I get really sore and my whole neck goes bright red with the electric razor. With the traditional razor I get a very close shave and no pain afterwards.

I must say whenever I've used an electric razor I've also found that to be the problem, it leaves your skin rather sore... not that it lasts, but still...

I'm very impressed, even if it did cost me both my arms and a leg to buy the razor, blades, shaving gel and moisturiser, VERY well worth it, I'd say!

If you've lost both arms, how do you manage to wield the razor???? Wink

VERY well worth it, I'd say!
So what do you guys use to shave? Electric or traditional?

Yes well worth it. I like to have smooth skin. I bet Derek likes it too. I use the traditional razor mostly, but occasionally use the electric shaver, usually over other parts of my body in case I have to put a bandaid or something that sticks (otherwise the removal of said Bandaid is excruciating.

Another Gillette user here. Last year got the new Fusion. Crazy that they would even attempt to put 5 blades in a razor. I thought the Mach 3 was great but this Fusion is amazing.

Got to sample the Schick Quattro last year also. Not nearly as good. You cant clean the hair off the blades. I got to sample an improved version this year and it is a bit better but no way as good as the Gillette.

The bf is able to shave with an electric shaver and get a really great shave. I think it depends on the beard also. He never gets red skin.

Personally I always tend to stick to an electric razor, purely because of the amount of moles on my face - if I were to use a traditional razor, I'd probably do myself more than a minor mischief :frown: ... which is a shame 'coz whenever I've used a traditional razor to shave ... :redface: anywhere else :redface:, I too have found it VASTLY superior Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

i prefer traditional too! tried an expensive electric one that cost about £150 with shaving gel squirty thing built in but still no good! took it back to argos for a refund! lol i use gillette fusion too! that and cheap tesco sensitive shaving foam are a great combination! Confusedmile:

SebbiexXXx

smithypoo Wrote:i prefer traditional too! tried an expensive electric one that cost about £150 with shaving gel squirty thing built in but still no good! took it back to argos for a refund! lol i use gillette fusion too! that and cheap tesco sensitive shaving foam are a great combination! Confusedmile:

SebbiexXXx

Oh excellent, I'm using a Nivea cool gel for sensitive skin that works fine. Oh and I invested in some Nivea sensitive skin moisturiser too to use afterwards and that is a godsend... at £7.99 a bottle, I should bleeding well hope so!!

Smurlos Wrote:Oh excellent, I'm using a Nivea cool gel for sensitive skin that works fine. Oh and I invested in some Nivea sensitive skin moisturiser too to use afterwards and that is a godsend... at £7.99 a bottle, I should bleeding well hope so!!

Preferably, there shouldn't be too much bleeding after your cool gel shave...