Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True love does exist?
marshlander Wrote:True love? I don't really know what that is; it sounds like a rather simple Hollywood construct to me. I think most people are just busy trying to get on with their lives. I can't help thinking it may be like that old story of the six blind people standing round an elephant, each trying to describe it to the others.

However, if you are referring to having found someone who makes you smile all the way through each time you think about them, the one who becomes so precious you lose interest in looking for anyone else, the one for whom you would move heaven and hell when they needed you, the one you can trust completely, the one who seems to be able to overlook all your eccentricities and weaknesses, the one who makes you feel good for the person you are (rather than some person they seem to want you to become), the one who understands that you have other things going on in your life and that such things are not a threat to your relationship and the one from whom you finally learn the meaning of "support", then I'm a believer. If you are really lucky then the one is also intelligent, well-informed, curious about the world, funny, kind, considerate of others, passionate about ideas and ideals, a phenomenal cook and makes every hair stand on end when you make love.

I'm lucky. I have my dear princealbertofb. He is all of the above and much more. I am looking forward to being with him for many years to come.
Marshlander, I just want to quote your beautiful words. They are beautiful.

You've said something in the past and I always want to respond and say thank you for it but I never took the time to do it or it was someone's thread and I didn't want to be OT.

But, in the past you have shared your thoughts on fidelity and how it is a gift. When I first arrived to the site, I did NOT get what you were saying. I even was a little shocked by it because I thought, no fidelity is a REQUIREMENT, and something I would DEMAND in a relationship!

Well, I think one day you repeated it to someone else, and I guess I was just at a different point in my understanding of me and my issues with trust, but the light bulb finally went on Roflmao and I got what you were saying. But, up until that point I couldn't get past what I wanted to demand from a relationship. IDK, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. It just made me reevaluate MY attitude and MY thinking and honestly it did take me a while! :redface: And, it did make me better prepared for when someone wonderful walked into my life.

eta: And to answer the OP's question: Yes, I think true love does exist but I think it might start as feelings of love and then you realize this person is someone you want to invest in and hopefully they feel the same. You see the little imperfections and you realize you have them too. I think it takes work and commitment. It's not this magical thing that happens and makes everything perfect.

jeffrey Wrote:I've only had two boyfriends. By this time I had settled down, but I quickly found that in the gay community that monogamy was rare, extremely rare, and STDs were common. I haven't given up, but I'm not so sure that I will find the relationship that I once thought I would. Both of my ex-bfs cheated like it was nothing. I'm not a bad looking guy (I don't think) and I don't understand it. I don't want another cheater,druggy, or drinker. Sorry, that's just me. I'm at a point in my life where I want something more. I'm not in my 20s any more.

Actual monogamy is rare amongst heterosexuals too. It's something like 60-70% of people admit to infidelity at one point in a relationship.

OrphanPip Wrote:Actual monogamy is rare amongst heterosexuals too. It's something like 60-70% of people admit to infidelity at one point in a relationship.

Oh geezzz....I forgot about that. :frown: You're right.

I believe in true love and have found it with my lovely Willow.
He allows me to blow his pink oboe regularly.
Confusedmile:

I'm caught in the true love and monogamous relationship concept as well.

Most of my friends are shocked to find out that I am still a virgin. They thought that I have been drilled before.

I explained to them that I'm saving myself for the right guy. The right guy may not necessary be the True Love that I was waiting for but at least I know that I am comfortable to lose it to that person due to good reasons. But I do hope that my virginity will lose to the person who truly loves me and who i can truly love back.

Then my straight colleagues made a joke, " For preparation, let us buy you a set of colorful dildos from Japan for this Christmas."

I replied, "Har, har... But not a bad idea at all."

Arge Wrote:Ok, guys,

Here I need your advice toward the bringing up topic.

Up to this seconds,I myself hardly believe when someone is trying to get close to me as I always distrust they being honestly loving me.

Somewhat I doubt on 'true love' does exist as many guys only looking for sexual intercourse-partner.

What I'm looking for is beyond that BUT WHERE?!

SHARE YOUR THOUGHT PLEASE!

Yes, I think that it does. I have been in a relationship for 4 years. THis is the first man that I have ever let in fully. We know what the other person is thinking which is weird. But, it is totally true. We met through a swinger website, and decided to meet one night for dinner. We totally hit it off and have been together ever since. We just celebrated our one year anniversary.....and we had a child. To tell you though, I was someone that was never going to get married and have kids or any of that stuff, but I did. I couldn't be happier than I was before I met my mate. We have an open relationship and we meet other couples and mainly single bi-sexual females. It makes it really fun for us and we do keep this lifestyle thing active, but not really since the baby. But, we are slowly getting back into it. We invite you to our brand new alternative lifestyle site which is still currently under development to register for your FREE 1 year membership in networkplayzone in the search browser bar. Please visit and create a profile, upload your pics and join the fun. There is something there for everyone,Experience the allure of something new !!

Jay Wrote:I'm caught in the true love and monogamous relationship concept as well.

Most of my friends are shocked to find out that I am still a virgin. They thought that I have been drilled before.

I explained to them that I'm saving myself for the right guy. The right guy may not necessary be the True Love that I was waiting for but at least I know that I am comfortable to lose it to that person due to good reasons. But I do hope that my virginity will lose to the person who truly loves me and who i can truly love back.

Then my straight colleagues made a joke, " For preparation, let us buy you a set of colorful dildos from Japan for this Christmas."

I replied, "Har, har... But not a bad idea at all."

I don't think you can take your virginity with a dildo, but I bet if we did a poll on it some would feel differently. :tongue:

i believe in true love, i'm craving for it. i have two gay friends that are so inlove with each other. They always fight but always get back together, how i wish i find something like that...

one tip for true love is "don't go for looks" Big Grin

I like to think there is true love out there for everyone

Gabbyboy Wrote:i believe in true love, i'm craving for it. i have two gay friends that are so inlove with each other. They always fight but always get back together, how i wish i find something like that...

one tip for true love is "don't go for looks" Big Grin

I agree with you, love will soon come when the right guy comes along and thats what i hope. Confusedmile:
Me and my friend are always fighting, but he loves me and we are not in a relationship. :tongue:
I also agree, but to me looks are not everything, but i think to me everyone has looks coz if you love someone you love the way they are for there looks and the way they are. Confusedmile: